7th San Joaquin Equipment

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seat38a

Engineer
Does anyone have any idea or news on what equipment they are using for this added service? I thought they were already stretched thin with the equipment, including the Comet consist.

There is enough equipment for two Comet sets plus spares still left over when equipment needs to be swapped out for maintenance.

There is enough equipment for two Comet sets plus spares still left over when equipment needs to be swapped out for maintenance.
But, I thought the 2 comet sets are being used already. So did they cobble a consist together from the spares? If they did, pretty much leaves them with no leeway at all.

Both Comet sets were not being used. They will both be in service starting Monday and as KnightRail mentioned, there is still a little breathing room.

Is there really that much lack of cars? I thought the cars are the same as the ones used for Capitol Corridor.
Almost all of the state owned and Amtrak owned California cars are in use or in the maintenance cycle every day.

The new equipment from NS can't come fast enough.
I think many of us in the Midwest share your sentiment.
California is one State, and I hope many more to come, that is willing to add rail, but don't have enough equipment to do it right now. LOSSAN is trying to add another Surfliner into the sched, but I believe the equipment shortage is the issue right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back