#7 Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lionelhoguy

Service Attendant
Next week my wife and I are taking our first long distance trip on Amtrak and we have been watching the status maps. I see that the #7 picked up a 46 minute delay at DLK and now they are up to a 2 hour delay out of GFK. Does anyone know what the delay was and is this pretty normal for the west bound #7. Our schedule is pretty loose and it will not be much of a problem, but it would be nice to know.

Thanks Tom <_<

Delay between Fargo and GFK was mostly likely due to meeting a late eastbound #8 between those cities. No idea about the DLK delay. 1-3 hour delays are pretty typical for the EB these days, which is a notable improvement from the 4-8 hour delays which were common a few weeks ago. About 1 hour of delay can be expected across ND due to flood-related slow orders near Devils Lake and west of Rugby at the Souris River crossing. Elsewhere along the route delays are usually due to freight congestion and/or track maintenance.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back