7 and 8

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackpup

Service Attendant
so I've been tracking asm.transitdocs for a few days, and it seems like the #7 in always on time (or in the green) and the #8 is always late (either in the red or the black) wondering why is that as don't the 8 and 7 use the same tracks but in different directions ( well you know what I mean) I just don't get it.

so I've been tracking asm.transitdocs for a few days, and it seems like the #7 in always on time (or in the green) and the #8 is always late (either in the red or the black) wondering why is that as don't the 8 and 7 use the same tracks but in different directions ( well you know what I mean) I just don't get it.
At what points / stations?

I was just up to HAV to watch both trains, and I noticed in my time there four westbound trains and two eastbound trains, not counting the Amtrak trains. This could be a reason for the pattern, as the ruling grades on the two Montana main lines are more conducive to directional running, westbound over Marias pass and eastbound over Mullen pass.

Back