352 4 hrs late and counting…

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
352 has been a pretty unlucky train the past 3 days, with Saturday’s nearly 4 hours late and Sunday’s over 2 hours late. However, today’s seems to be the worst of all, as it is 4 hours late and just left the state of Indiana! The issue seems to be the Michigan City Bridge - which makes the second day in a row that bridge issues have delayed the 352 (Saturday’s issue was with the engine). Figuring they may lose more time en route due to crew hours and the inevitable freight delays.

With that said, I almost did a little lake trip to New Buffalo and back this weekend, and I am so glad I didn’t! I’d be stuck waiting for this train, and couldn’t stray too far from the station because of how close the delayed train is (in a place without Greyhound or other alternatives besides driving your own vehicle). Feel bad for anyone on-board this - it’s one thing to have a 4+ hr delay on an LD train, but on a corridor train with just a cafe car when your trip might be that long… Hope they get the bridge issues straightened out soon, as I want to take a trip and not have the train delayed for 4 hours…

Back