#22/#21 SAS-AUS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a very nice run up to Austin and back to San Antonio yesterday, May 10th. I had quite a bit of anxiety because of the performance earlier in the week due to track work and flooding issues BUT.....Amtrak delivered A#1 service yesterday. Everything was right on time and we got into SAS at 8:45 pm. I so glad I didn't cancel. Seemed a lightish load but there were plenty of folks riding the train. Early in the morning I observed that the 2 cars I always see sitting there from a distance are in fact 1 Superliner coach and 1 sleeper. They were plugged into local power and lit up like they were going somewhere but they stay. I don't think they have to do with the SSL/TE interchange. They must be backups.

I too had a nice ride on the #21 #22 yesterday 5/10 from DAL-FTW, FTW-DAL. First time in two weeks the trains were on schedule.Both trains were on time and had a great trip. Also ran into the famous Jim Hudson who was kind enough to invite me to lunch, and buy me a drink. Just shows to go ya you never know who'll you see on the train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back