2 Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope all is well - Amamba's husband works in BOS, yes?
That's what I was thinking. And I was just talking with my friend about planning our day trip via train to Boston next month. This won't stop me unless it becomes a bigger problem by then.

I have a good friend that ran the marathon and I checked marathon website and learned that that he finished race at least a half hour prior to explosion. Hopefully, he is safe in his hotel room.

From what I understand here at the press office, the bombing happened just a few blocks from BBY. I'm surprised that I haven't heard anything from Amtrak yet.

peter

From what I understand here at the press office, the bombing happened just a few blocks from BBY. I'm surprised that I haven't heard anything from Amtrak yet.
peter
The green line is not running.

From another forum

"Secret Service's preparing to move POTUS to safety... JFK library's closed... possible 3rd bomb... NYC airports may be shut down...
no links. getting realtime info from friends who have friends involved in this situation."

"now there's a person of interest at hospital. police's watching him very closely. I guess he got hurt from bomb."

"The description (if accurate) of the type of bombs (ball bearings), their placement, and going off in sequence is very similar to the PLO bombs used in Israel, especially at cafes and other public venues."

Nasty stuff for sure! :( Hopefully the Crazies Responsible will be Caught and Punished Quickly!

We're still Safe in this Country but EVERYONE needs to be aware of what goes on around them especially @ Events that draw Crowds! If we become afraid the Crazies Win! More Cameras and Lighting in the Streets like Europe has wouldn't hurt either! Security Theater like we have @ Airports is not the Answer but the Government will try for sure, it's SOP!! (More Manpower, More Money, More Machines!!! Yada !Yada! Yada!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sympathy and prayers for those affected. May we, as a country, refrain from speculative finger pointing and politicising of this tragic incident. May we also have the courage to live without fear, even with the knowledge that there is no way to absoluterly guarantee safety.

Sympathy and prayers for those affected. May we, as a country, refrain from speculative finger pointing and politicising of this tragic incident. May we also have the courage to live without fear, even with the knowledge that there is no way to absolutely guarantee safety.
Ditto. This is spot on.

Sympathy and prayers for those affected. May we, as a country, refrain from speculative finger pointing and politicising of this tragic incident. May we also have the courage to live without fear, even with the knowledge that there is no way to absolutely guarantee safety.
Ditto. This is spot on.
Ditto. This is spot on.
Agreed completely.

Being close to home this affects me personally. Thank God none of the people I know who worked the marathon were hurt. As the security is hightened because of this, we as American's cannot let these evil people win. We have to continue traveling around the country and doing what American's do best, supporting each other and living our lives. My heart and prayers to all those affected and to the responders who ran in without even giving a second thought to future explosions.

Ditto. This is spot on.
Agreed completely.
My sentiments exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back