1st trip--luggage question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dkersey

Tonight is our 1st trip via Amtrak and I have a sudden question. I just noticed that on the Texas Eagle 22 it does not list Walnut Ridge, AR as a place where luggage can be checked. This is where we are boarding from to go to Chicago. The closest place on the list is Little Rock which is about 2.5 hours away. Will we not be able to board with our luggage from Walnut Ridge?

HELP! I'm scarred I've overlooked an important factor.

Don't panic. No checked baggage just means it won't go in the baggage car. You can take luggage on board with you. There are overhead luggage racks on coach cars, and I know on the sleeper cars you can put some in your room. There are luggage storage areas on the lower level of both coach and sleeper cars. dh

Thanks for the info. I think we'll be okay. We can each have 2 bags but I was also wondering if a personal sized cooler will count against us? I hope not, they are not very large, not much bigger than a purse. Think we will be able to carry these on also?

I find that crews tend to be more leniant at stations without checked bags than those that do for obvious reasons. Especially with Superliner equipment the crews are fairly lax since even big bags can be lifted easily by you the passenger and safely stowed in the luggage racks downstairs. Try to limit yourself to two (three bags if you have to) and the cooler and they probably won't say anything.

Thanks! You've made me feel much better about this ordeal now. I hope this is not a big deal to this crew.

Thanks again:)

Back