“Live” from 20(12)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, despite the late departure, and even later arrival in New York (7:40 PM),  I thoroughly enjoyed my first long distance train ride on Amtrak since the early '90's.

The Viewliner roomette was a pleasure to ride in, the sleeper attendant was excellent, friendly, helpful, provided great information....even gave me a copy of Train's magazine.He hoisted my large suitcase onto the upper bunk for me, made great coffee in the morning, and found my friend and me in the lounge car to bring us back into the diner whenever they were ready to serve a meal.  Speaking of meal's, I enjoyed every morsel of them...the salad, the main course, and veggies, and dessert.   What a shame they no longer offer this service on the other trains....

The train crew made plenty of announcements advising of reasons for all of our delays, whether it be freight, commuter or other train meets....slow order's for work area's or flood warning's, copying of train order's, etc...   I had my scanner in my bag, but found no reason whatsoever to pull it out.   The wifi worked very nicely, almost the entire way.   

My best compliment to Amtrak is that even though I can fly free, I will still patronize them occasionally, just for the fun of it! :cool:
Do you recall what the dinner options were? It looks like they may or may not have replaced the Butternut Squash Risotto and Sweet Potato Gnocchi that I love, with a "Creamy Tortellini", so I'm just curious.

Sorry, but I can't recall all of the menu option's...I should have taken one for a souvenir, or at least a photo of one.   Once I found the Surf and Turf, I looked no further.... ;)

The second day, the dinner (due to late arrival) offered just 3 choices, and I chose the chicken.

Back