This Amtrak rider is writing best-selling sex scenes in the seat next

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how she will spice up her sex scenes with the jolting and rocking of the train.

Let me just say that even in a sleeper those walls are pretty thin. If you enjoy off-color humor you might consider asking your next SCA about it. They are likely to have some pretty amusing stories about this sort of thing.

I applied for one of those residencies when they first came out a few years ago. Sadly, I did not get in... which is why I'm now taking my OWN writing residency of sorts in May. Will be writing a book (about the trip) while on the trip. No sex scenes, though. I'm traveling alone ... on purpose! Heck, I'm introverted enough to have trouble TALKING to strangers in the dining car, let alone... well... gee... never mind!

I'll take notes, though, on all that train movement... for any upcoming sex scenes in future novels. You never know... ;)

Reminds me of a scene from the movie "Silver Streak"... Ned Beatty telling Gene Wilder how great a train is for picking up women and how the motion of the train improves the ... um, "activities".

I was going to mention Silver Streak (see my avatar ... a pic of me and Mel Brooks!), but I'm still mourning over the loss of Gene back in August. I may have to rewatch it soon, though... if only to see how much bigger and nicer the sleepers are in the movie than they are in real life. :D

A bit of trivia from one of my favorite movies, "North by Northwest":

During the scene in the dining car, "Eva Marie Saint had to re-dub a particular line during post-production, to satisfy censors. The original line was "I never make love on an empty stomach", but was changed to "I never discuss love on an empty stomach"."

--IMDB

Last edited by a moderator:
Never said I could not do it. Just said it could be difficult. When I tap that azz you can bet the entire train will know.
LOL!! You're probably the reason they don't think twice about putting the sleepers next to the diesels!!!

Ah, "Silver Streak"! The first movie my parents ever took me to - at the drive-in, no less! I finally re-watched it for the first time in 40 years last summer. Wilder/Pryor was one of the greatest comedy teams ever.

Back