Do I have to talk to Julie.....?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anywhere I can see what sleeper room/ettes are open on a given itinerary or do I have to call and talk to Julie?

If you mean specific room numbers that are available, she will not be able to help you, nor can you find the information online. You will have to call and talk to an agent. If you mean if a specific type of room, such as roomette or bedroom, is available, then yes you can find that info on Amtrak.com after you put in your origin/destination and dates.

Thank you- yes I meant a specific room number. I'm currently downstairs (SWC) - and while convenient to the shower and restrooms......I think the view is better upstairs. I wondered if I could "stalk" a cancellation upstairs - I hate to bother them calling everyday to ask. When I booked....I was told only downstairs was available...but I also paid low bucket.....so those two things together seem odd.

Call back and ask the agent to "Modify" your Rez so you can be Upstairs in one of tbe Roomettes #2 to #10, if Available.( with #2 being Best and #10 the Worst)

It won't cost you anymore even though some agents will try to say it will. If this happens ask for a Supervisor, and if they say none is available, thank them and call back for a better agent.

You're not bothering them, it's their job,they get paid to do this for 8 Hours!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered if I could "stalk" a cancellation upstairs - I hate to bother them calling everyday to ask.
&
You're not bothering them, it's their job,they get paid to do this for 8 Hours!
Chances are good that the only way this feature ever gets added to the website is if enough people call and ask about specific rooms over and over again until the process begins to chew up substantial amounts of labor resources. At which point the IT costs will seem surprisingly reasonable by comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it true that the agent has no car plan view or list of available rooms? I called once and gave a range of room numbers which I would like, the agent said she had to have a specific number to query with the system.

When I made our last reservations, she told me what room I was getting. It is on my reservation. I got room 2 all the way:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back