BOA Guest Rewards Credit Card - anyone receive it yet?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep getting E-mail and snail mail letters about the New Card saying its been sent and is on the way etc.

But so far ( I live in Central Texas) no joy. They must have sent it via a RPO on the Cardinal, the CONO and the Sunset Ltd. and it missed connections in CHI!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today and used it today in Southern California!

What was the date when applications were first accepted with no glitches on qualifying? Our 90days to charge 1K starts on that date!

My mail, even the ads, appear to be being held hostage by the post office after I submitted a change of address and requested forwarding to begin on the 30th. I called today and they guy wouldn't even check. Just told me my regular guy was back from vacation. I'll be too busy to go to the post office tomorrow as the movers will be here at 8:30. Ugh.

Funny thing is I got the email survey way before getting the card, and after getting the first rejection letter :) I figured they were not surveying how the rejection was handled. :)

Activating was kind of fun. First called the telephone, which did its thing with collecting last four digits etc., then said transferring to an agent, and then promptly dropped the call! So I activated via the web instead, and that worked just fine. Included setting up a web account to access the account electronically, which is something that I would have done anyway, so all that was good.

Now for the good news!

I registered it for ApplePay® and did so successfully without a hitch! Ryan will like this!

Received my BOA card yesterday and activated it. Today i paid my cable bill and a dentist bill using PayPal. Later, I tried to buy some show tickets thru Ticketmaster, only to be denied. I called BOA and had to go thru several anti-fraud questions to assure them I did indeed make the charges. What a joke!

Update: After receiving and activating my card Thursday I called AGR to pay for tickets "on hold". The card was denied stating Verification Code did not match code on file with the bank. After several phone calls to BofA with them assuring me the verification code I read off back of card was correct and seeing on line that I had two pending payments to Amtrak for the same amount, Amtrak when I called this morning again said my payment was denied for using wrong verification code. After another call with BofA I finally called AGR and this time(fourth try) the payment processed. Never had this problem with any other credit card and last AGR rep says he was baffled but thankfully when he entered the payment of this fourth try all went through without a hiccup.

Mine arrived yesterday, I activated it online, used it to order pizza online last night, charge shows pending (without added tip yet) in online banking.

Mine arrived yesterday, I activated it online, used it to order pizza online last night, charge shows pending (without added tip yet) in online banking.
Almost the same as my story (got the card yesterday) except, we went out for pizza and used the new BofA AGR card insted of the Chase card!

Mine came yesterday. As of now, no using the Chase card any more. Mine is the world card so our vacation (non-amtrak) next week will rack up lots of double points for hotels.

Today we applied and were accepted for a separate account for my wife. She'll get a regular card as non-amtrak and non-travel charges get the same points so no use paying the $79 fee. She'll get 12K points.

Strange, they gave me $5K credit and her $6K. I got $9K from Chase and she got $18K. Considering most of the income is from my IRA and her SS is a portion of mine, she must be a nicer person to get more credit.

Now if we can plan our next year's trip before the January cutoff with the points we have, the points we'll earn and the bonuses, ...

just got my card. going to take advantage of via's current fare sale to do van-tor(rt) in an upper berth for $1100(US). get amtrak points(and the 20k bonus) for using the card and via points for the ticket. is this gaming the system? double dipping?
It's only double-dipping or gaming the system when somebody else does it. :p . If I had 1100 dollars laying around and the time off, I'd do the same thing.

just got my card. going to take advantage of via's current fare sale to do van-tor(rt) in an upper berth for $1100(US). get amtrak points(and the 20k bonus) for using the card and via points for the ticket. is this gaming the system? double dipping?
You are using both systems as intended, it is just like am amtrak trip where you get double points for purchasing the ticket on the mastercard, and then the points for traveling. You are not gaming anything.

I am about to do the same thing. Also, since you are a member of Via Preference, since the cost is over $1000 CAD, your trip will bump you to elite (privilege) status for 2016. The big perk with that is a 50% off coupon you can use almost any time. I am going to book a Vancouver-Toronto trip for under $1300 CAD in a roomette pretty soon with mine. And get another coupon for next year. It has turned me into kind of a Via #2 junky.

Better than that, your VIA purchase should get you DOUBLE POINTS as non-amtrak travel purchases garner double points!

I received an e-mail that the card was sent (supposedly from Wilmington, Delaware) on September 23. I received it in Seattle, Washington on the 25th. I'll have no trouble spending $1,000 as my property taxes are due the end of October.

Better than that, your VIA purchase should get you DOUBLE POINTS as non-amtrak travel purchases garner double points!
i didn't realize that. good grief, it looks like i am triple dipping

My card came today, I activated it and when I attempted to use it was "Denied" due to "Not authorized!"

I called the BOA Hotline and the agent apologized and read ( it was obvious itvwas a script) me a blurb about Software Problems etc. And then tried to "Upsell" me to open an checking/savings account, CDs and to use online banking!!!

Not off to a great start, is this anyway to run a Railroad, er Bank???

Back