AGR Points from Gathering Posted?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked with AGR today re Technical Matters on my Account and asked about the Slowness re the Posting of Points from California during the Gathering. The friendly and helpful agent told me that his Best Guess was that the Points from the California Trains we all rode would be "bunched" and show up within 3 weeks as per the website. I hope so, I'll make Select from these runs and have no further Train journeys planned for 2014! All the rest of travel will be via Car and Foot! :(

Yep, several of us posted in another thread that our points were showing up today. I have all but my last train (WAS-WIL) now.

Wonder if my posting in FlyerTalk helped things along?? Whether it did or not, I'm glad everyone's points are posting.

Yes, everything has now posted for me except the Fremont-San Jose leg of the points run that I took with Alice and Chris D. We changed that one while we were on the train, so it might have gotten lost in the shuffle.

All my points were posted today, including the bus segments. 1000 points for 2 days on the Cap Corridor is pretty good. I love Double Days! (It is so good that I've made rezzies for ORV to Suisun Friday for lunch at my favorite Greek restaurant)!

All my points were posted today, including the bus segments. 1000 points for 2 days on the Cap Corridor is pretty good. I love Double Days! (It is so good that I've made rezzies for ORV to Suisun Friday for lunch at my favorite Greek restaurant)!
I've maxed out with 400 minimum-point TQPs in a bit over 2 hours with RIC-EMY-SFC-EMY-RIC. Costs $24 normally, although I suppose I could use the 10% AAA discount and I'm hoping the 50% off Capitol Corridor weekend fares return this year. BKY-EMY-SFC-EMY-BKY would be even cheaper ($21) although getting a ticket pulled is another matter when it's a 3 minute ride. I'm wondering what the conductor thought when a group of obvious railfans came looking to get their tickets pulled for such a short ride.

All of my points posted. And a surprise bonus - 200 points for my BC upgrade (thanks to the coupon I had received). :D

That makes it a total of 2708 points. Me happy!

I'm not in Dallas, but it's really just about over. One of the nurses is Ebola-free, the 21 day waiting period for the first victim's family is over, and the nurse here in MD was upgraded from "fair" to "good" condition.

But now the PR Hustlers/Hogs, er Political Leaders in NYC are holding " News" Conferences about a Possible case in a Doctor that treated a victim of the disease! Meanwhile life goes on all around us!

Last edited by a moderator:
My points from the final leg SEA - CHI posted today. So I'm all good. Don't even need to nag for the unscanned bus rides between EMY and SFC.

Back