Amtrak train evacuated

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MattN

I was just watching fox news and it was breaking news it looked like it was a surfliner train it occured at Van Nuys

Does anyone know any more about this more information is appreciated since I live in Socal

If the person who helped the lady onto the train felt something was funny about her bags why didn't he alert crews before helping her and her luggage onto the train in the first place?

I certainly hope that this incident doesn't result in the witch hunt of 2010. I would like to ask by what criteria is a piece of luggage deemed suspicious? Do they go by color, shape or size or the race of the passenger?

Well at least this time someone from the train OBS crew knew about it. I was on a Silver Star that was evacuated in Jacksonville and held there for over six hours while dogs and bomb squads sat around with thumbs up their you know whats. All this was based on a 911 call from someone on the train mentioning suspicious people and movements. CNOC based on the 911 call apparently decided to call out in the artillery, without bothering to talk to their own train crews aboard that train. It turns out a Conductor was moving 6 Asian looking guys from one car to another to free up a group of seats in a single car to accommodate that a large group that was boarding in JAX. The lady (we were told) saw an attempted hijacking of the train in that act and went into a panic and called 911.

So instead of sleeping in my bed in the sleeper I got to spend most of the night hanging out at JAX station consuming Donuts and Coffee provided courtesy of the JAX Fire Department and Amtrak.

The lady (we were told) saw an attempted hijacking of the train in that act and went into a panic and called 911.
Even if it was an "attempted hijacking", were they going to "hijack" the train to Cuba?
huh.gif

rolleyes.gif

The lady (we were told) saw an attempted hijacking of the train in that act and went into a panic and called 911.
Even if it was an "attempted hijacking", were they going to "hijack" the train to Cuba?
huh.gif

rolleyes.gif
Of course it was going to be hijacked and then run into the Epcot Unisphere :lol:

Well at least this time someone from the train OBS crew knew about it. I was on a Silver Star that was evacuated in Jacksonville and held there for over six hours while dogs and bomb squads sat around with thumbs up their you know whats. All this was based on a 911 call from someone on the train mentioning suspicious people and movements. CNOC based on the 911 call apparently decided to call out in the artillery, without bothering to talk to their own train crews aboard that train. It turns out a Conductor was moving 6 Asian looking guys from one car to another to free up a group of seats in a single car to accommodate that a large group that was boarding in JAX. The lady (we were told) saw an attempted hijacking of the train in that act and went into a panic and called 911.

So instead of sleeping in my bed in the sleeper I got to spend most of the night hanging out at JAX station consuming Donuts and Coffee provided courtesy of the JAX Fire Department and Amtrak.
were there any charges against that women?

were there any charges against that women?
I don;t believe so. But the more pertinent question if what we were told by the folks in JAX is true, is what the hell was CNOC thinking? The entire escalation which they carried out without consulting even their own train crew was entirely their fault and incompetence IMHO. Did they really think that the entire train crew had been taken hostage? Must be some potent stuff that they smoke at night in Wilmington, if that were the case. :)

yeah something doesn't add up here but i wonder if the train crew was told by DHS what was going on or if the DHS took control of the train and held everyone hostage.

this sort of stuff has got to happen ever so often so these idiots can justify their existance. Fot the Jacksonville instance, a couple of radio calls to the crew would have turned the whole thing into a non-event.

huh.gif

rolleyes.gif
It could be worse than Cuba. They could try to hijack the train to Trenton, NJ.....
Which is where it was going anyway :p That would be a new level of incompetence on part of the hijackers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back