SanAntonioClyde

Daily Sunset Limited Campaign

Progress is being made in gaining support from various Texas cities served by the Sunset.  Since September 2018 we have gathered supporting resolutions from Jefferson Cty Judge (Beaumont), Mayor of Houston, San Antonio City council, Del Rio Mayor and county judge, Del Rio

chamber of Commerce, Terrell Cty Judge (Sanderson) and Alpine city council.  Mayor of Tucson has also supplied a supporting letter.  Now in process of backfilling to see addition support can be gathered.

Strong signs of political support. A daily Sunset’s four key words are equipment, equipment, and Union Pacific.

Think you can get Maricopa, Phoenix, or... I know it's a long shot... New Orleans?

I'm just handling Texas for now.  Other RPA members have their own state challenges.

Anything I can do to help with this campaign from Connecticut?

8 hours ago, daybeers said:

Anything I can do to help with this campaign from Connecticut?

Same question but from NYC?

This Texan always welcome all the Yankee support he can get.  To answer both of you I would ask that when you speak to to your elected congressional representatives and Amtrak you stress the importance of having a true national rail system with reliable connectivity.  If you have had personal experiences traveling on the Sunset please let tell your story.