DSS&A

Former Wisconsin Talgos

only reason the set went to pueblo was for curve testing and interaction with the charger, a test done to conclude some of derailment data of train 501.

the door light waiver had nothing to do with it .

Is it to go into storage or for modification work to make them suitable for PNW? Just wondering.

Still one of the ugliest cab cars in the US. Unfortunately, the Charger doesn't help, even if there was a baggage car with the "sweep" in between.

:wacko:

Looks like something out of "Cars"!

How much does it cost the PNW for a set of Talgos compared to a set of six or so Siemens cars?

I realize I probably sound idiotic saying this (and probably pedantic too) but I would think part of the attractiveness of the Talgo's is that they match what's already in service and they are available - are there Siemens that would be ready quickly? I'll let somebody actually knowledgeable speak to the cost.

Edited by Metra Electric Rider

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, grover5995 said:

When Hiawatha Corridor service is upgraded, perhaps a couple trips could continue beyond Milwaukee to Madison plus an additional train to Minneapolis. If WI does not want to be in the passenger train business, maybe it is time to consider a private operator like Virgin Rail.

With the defeat of Gov Walker, maybe there is hope for improved passenger rail service in the Badger State.  Virgin Rail is already taking over Brightline operations in Florida and buying into ExpressWest between LasVegas and Southern California.  

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, neroden said:

First of all, the Talgo trainsets *were* contracted and Walker actually *broke* the contract. It is perhaps understandable that Doyle did not expect Walker to be a contract-breaker.

Second, Doyle quit politics and is widely forgotten. His dithering was a problem, but really being annoyed about it isn't going to do anything now. That cretin Scott Walker is still Governor of Wisconsin and is still trashing the state.

Does that answer your question?

With the recent defeat of Gov. Walker :lol:, proposed service from MILW to Madison could become a reality soon!

15 hours ago, grover5995 said:

With the recent defeat of Gov. Walker :lol:, proposed service from MILW to Madison could become a reality soon!

LOL Where's the funding for such a project going to come from? The funds Walker rejected are long gone and have been spent elsewhere. This project is likely never going to happen until we have a WW3 and the end of the human race happens.

On 11/24/2018 at 1:04 AM, grover5995 said:
Virgin Rail is already taking over Brightline operations in Florida and buying into ExpressWest between LasVegas and Southern California.  

No Virgin Rail (sic) is not doing anything of the sort. In fact there is nothing called Virgin Rail.

Brightline is rebranding itself as Virgin Trains USA, and the Virgin Group (through a subsidiary with an unheard of name that has no Virgin in it) is taking a 10-15% stake in this company. It will still be vastly majority owned by the Fortress Group, actually it is specifically stated that Fortress will own enough of it to maintain full control of the Board, and the management remains the same as at present.

Edited by jis

16 hours ago, neroden said:

Virgin Trains USA is also proposing an IPO FWIW

IPO of a small portion of the overall company as I understand it from reading one of the more convoluted proposal for public offering I have read in a while :unsure: