Select, Select +, and Select Executive Packets 2014

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my Select Plus packet yesterday (2/14) with my 2014 card. I did not receive paper coupons, but did receive information on how to redeem on-line upgrades, etc.

The paper coupons are only for Club Acela access I believe (so only Select members will get them).

No kits here yet - I'm S and my H is S+.

The paper coupons are only for Club Acela access I believe (so only Select members will get them).

No kits here yet - I'm S and my H is S+.
That's correct, paper coupons for Select members only. Those paper coupons will be for the lounges. Although I'm super bummed that we're only getting 2 upgrades this year. But it's better then 0 upgrades! :)

Misty posted a picture of her new S + card yesterday on Facebook which led to the topic.

Last year I was one of the last on AU to get my packet and my parents house is 10 Minutes away from where they send them from. :eek:

I received my Select Executive package last week with the new card. There was information in the package stating that the upgrades and companion coupons would be available on-line on 3/1/2014.

Just found it this morning, although I'm not sure when it arrived. My wife typically handles the mail, and she doesn't always know if something is important or just junk mail. The glossy envelope that the packet comes in looks a lot like a solicitation for a credit card. She just put it aside.

So I opened it and found my card. I then put it aside and was going to take it with me. However, the card seemed to have fallen out. My wife called me about something. I took the time to ask if she saw the card and she says it was on the ground. I don't think they used much of that cement to secure it to the notice.

So what to do with the ClubAcela passes? Last year we were in NYC and could have used them. I'm kind of here on the West Coast where the chance to use them is limited. Maybe LAUS?

i might as well chime in here too LOL.. got my select packet this week with my 2014 card..got 2 paper coupons for club acela and it said to log on to age site on 3/1.. can we say server crash from web traffic LOL..

can't say i am impressed with e coupon.. call me old fashioned but i like the way they did it in past years.

Adding my two-cents:

My Select-Plus packet arrived on Valentines Day (ain't that sweet?!) . . . Within it was my membership card along with instructions on how to print One-Class Upgrades (04) and Companion Coupons (02). That's it! Guess the luggage tags of days gone by are gone-zo.

I requalified for Select+ for 2014 and got my welcome packet a few weeks ago. I just logged onto AmtrakGuestRewards.com/Coupons to try and confirm that my eCoupons have shown up and get:

MY COUPONS

No free trips or coupons available at this time.
First day teething I guess!
i know i will be no help but try to follow directions on the insert.. i had that issue too.. it is a little confusing

I fully followed the instructions in the packet!

I will give it a week and will then call if I don't see anything (don't have any Acela Express trips or trips I'm planning to book in the immediate future with my coupons).

i assume all this is a cost saving measure??
Sure, it might save Amtrak a few bucks.

But this is about convenience for the member. You no longer have to visit with an agent to get your tickets now. You just call up, give them the voucher number, and you have a new eTicket. This IMHO is huge for the members.

No lines, no coupons to present, just pure convenience for the customer. A win-win for everyone!

i assume all this is a cost saving measure??
Sure, it might save Amtrak a few bucks.
But this is about convenience for the member. You no longer have to visit with an agent to get your tickets now. You just call up, give them the voucher number, and you have a new eTicket. This IMHO is huge for the members.

No lines, no coupons to present, just pure convenience for the customer. A win-win for everyone!
I'm not sure how getting one less upgrade coupon is a win for select members.

Back