The Feds are on Amtrak #5(19)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

Conductor
Well, at least their ride is. Amtrak train #5(19) is heading west with a car belonging to the Federal Railroad Administration's Office of Safety riding in between the locomotives and the baggage car. I filmed the California Zephyr with this car, DOTX 221, at Agency, Iowa. The train was running just a few minutes late this evening.

Nice video as all yours are! I remember traveling through Agency City as a kid back in the 1950s on the Colorodoan and the Nebraska Zephyr. We would travel from Peoria to Galesburg on the branch line motor car and then either the Colorodoan or Nebraska Zephyr from Galesburg to Council Bluffs, Iowa. My mom went to college in Ottumwa so she would always start looking for familiar sites at Agency.

I don't usually enjoy being "tricked" by a thread title, but nicely done in this case. Certainly are plenty of cases of actual

federal agents boarding trains these days, so it's nice to see a less irritating example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back