Amtrak Service Standards Revision 7, effective 12:01am Oct. 30 2012

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, but in honor of the esteemed WhoozOn1st, here's something that's been making the rounds on Facebook. :D

296206_524086844314498_193084517_n.jpg

I was listening on the radio when Hu Chin Lung (from Taiwan) got his first major league single. Iconic Dodger announcer Vin Scully said "I've been waiting my entire professional career to say this: Hu's on first."

Bravo, jebr - thanks for posting this.

Interesting that they redacted parts of it that were released in the 2011 version.

Can't wait to dig in and see if there are any big changes.

Hmmm... It appears they've removed the requirement that the conductor remove his/her hat in the dining car (the one that previously read "When entering the Dining Car, hats must be removed and carried under the arm as a matter of common civility.")

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I use dropbox and my iPad/iPhone for.

But I'm realizing that maybe that makes me a little... unusual to have that (plus timetables, route guides, frequency lists, etc, etc) on me at all times... :D

I keep most of that stuff with me at all times, but some only when I am riding a train.

That's what I did on my laptop, for when I'm home. But I don't always take it on trips. I was thinking more of people needing it mid-trip.
How do you access AU when you're on a trip? Just curious.
Cell phone with data access is how I access it when I'm away from wi-fi.

To non-Amtrak people, we're all weird ducks. :)

What is the term for "non-Amtrak people?" To geocachers, non-geocachers are "muggles" (it's not a derogatory term, just means they aren't aware of geocaching), and I think the Scientologists at one time referred to non-Scientologists as "wogs." What are non-Amtrak people called?

That's what I did on my laptop, for when I'm home. But I don't always take it on trips. I was thinking more of people needing it mid-trip.
How do you access AU when you're on a trip? Just curious.
Cell phone with data access is how I access it when I'm away from wi-fi.
More and more trains with wifi will make it easier to access with a laptop onboard. I use a mini netbook when I travel, but my wife has a honkin' big 17" laptop. That's too much for the tray tables. Heck, even my mini laptop doesn't work GREAT on the tray tables. But I do also have my cell phone with wifi and data plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back