E-tickets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOND37

OBS Chief
just want to confirm that i dont need to print my e-ticket.. i can have them scan it right from my phone?

I do recommend printing the e-tickets as I have read on AU that often the conductor requested "hard copy" tickets preference over scanning your mobile device. I've already printed my e-tickets at home for trips on CS, EB, and SWC this July/August 2013.

I do recommend printing the e-tickets as I have read on AU that often the conductor requested "hard copy" tickets preference over scanning your mobile device. I've already printed my e-tickets at home for trips on CS, EB, and SWC this July/August 2013.
There is no need for a hard copy ticket because the conductor can look your name up and lift your ticket that way, if his mobile device has trouble scanning your "digital" eTicket. But if you want to be extra, extra sure, then a hard copy can't hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard copies are actually more difficult most of the time than scanning off a mobile device unless the screen is set really dim. Best way if you have a mobile device is to get the Amtrak app and use that. The code will be formatted in a way that will be easier for the scanner to read. Sometimes the code sent via email displays too small depending on the settings.

I never carry a hard copy of an e-ticket. I use Passbook on the iPhone which works just fine. As said earlier if there were a problem they can just look up your reservation by the number on their scanner.

I can board a plane and fly across the atlantic just by showing my passport at the airport. E tickets seem good. Think of saving a few more trees from being cut down, let's try being green and NOT printing stuff we don't need to!

Ed :cool:

NO need to print. I actually prefer to save the .pdf on my phone that way I know I have the QR code even if I don't have internet access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back