New Amtrak Survey I Received

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
Just received this email. Anyone else ever had one like this? I haven't clicked on the link, yet. Wondered what everyone thinks about this. Is it a new survey process for Amtrak?

Amtrak is working with WB&A Market Research, a research company, to conduct a survey to better understand opinions to some concepts that might potentially be used in future Amtrak communications.

We appreciate your time, and your comments are extremely important to all of us at Amtrak.

Please take a few minutes to tell us your opinions. If you would prefer to not receive

online Amtrak surveys in the future please click on the second link below. All responses will be confidential.

Yes, I would like to provide my opinions.

Click here on the link to complete the survey: (Link removed)

If you would like us to remove your name and e-mail address from all future Amtrak online surveys, please

click on this link: (Link removed)

Sincerely,

Karen Seibert

Director, Market Research & Analysis

Amtrak

Just received this email. Anyone else ever had one like this? I haven't clicked on the link, yet. Wondered what everyone thinks about this. Is it a new survey process for Amtrak?
Amtrak is working with WB&A Market Research, a research company, to conduct a survey to better understand opinions to some concepts that might potentially be used in future Amtrak communications.

We appreciate your time, and your comments are extremely important to all of us at Amtrak.

Please take a few minutes to tell us your opinions. If you would prefer to not receive

online Amtrak surveys in the future please click on the second link below. All responses will be confidential.

Yes, I would like to provide my opinions.

Click here on the link to complete the survey: (Link removed)

If you would like us to remove your name and e-mail address from all future Amtrak online surveys, please

click on this link: (Link removed)

Sincerely,

Karen Seibert

Director, Market Research & Analysis

Amtrak
This is a routine survey form used by Amtrak and the names/addresses come from the data warehouse that keeps track of past riders. Please complete this honestly and allow Amtrak to get your opinion into their research.

I got one too Tom, along with acouple of the regular mailed trip segment surveys, for some reason mine have to do with coach travel instead of sleeper segments, do you think perhaps they are considering upgrading coach service or have lots of complaints and are attempting to improve service because of this?

Well - I just took this survey and they wanted my opinion on which of four new "Going Green" logos Amtrak should use. I clip boarded the logos and will try to post them later so you can have a look.

That's all this was about - which going green logo and what statements about going green they should use.

They were probably asking the wrong person as I don't put much stock on all this environmental hooey anyway.

The only route I get surveys for is the Missouri River Runner. They almost always mail me one within a couple weeks of travel.

Lets see those logos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see those logos.
Here they are! Which one do you like best?

GreenLogos.jpg

None of the above, why are they wasting staff time and resources on foolishness like this, they have lots more to fix/decide/change instead of this nonsense! How many members of AGR are gonna give away points to the green crusade, same ones that take up the Nigerian Prince on his offer for riches Id think!!! :blink:

The segment surveys I receive are usually regarding Pacific Surfliners - my regular rides - with one awhile back about a Coast Starlight trip in Coach. Most recent questionnaire, a couple weeks ago, was a much longer (new?), more detailed form and asked about a July ride LAX-OSD. As it happens, that was the one during the OTOL SoCal RailFest. Had there been room for comments I would have complained bitterly about the noisy group of railfans who made life difficult for everybody in BC all the way to Oceanside. Some people! :D

Those logos all stink.

I don't like any of them either! And I would much rather spend my points on taking a green trip on Amtrak than giving them up to Amtrak/AGR for who knows what!

I would have complained bitterly about the noisy group of railfans who made life difficult for everybody in BC all the way to Oceanside. Some people! :D
That's why I don't ride those SoCal trains. There was this noisy group in BC from SAN-LAX last October I remember! :lol:

I don't like any of them either! And I would much rather spend my points on taking a green trip on Amtrak than giving them up to Amtrak/AGR for who knows what!
I would have complained bitterly about the noisy group of railfans who made life difficult for everybody in BC all the way to Oceanside. Some people! :D
That's why I don't ride those SoCal trains. There was this noisy group in BC from SAN-LAX last October I remember! :lol:
That's the purpose of surveys and focus group - to get everyone's opinion - and then make a decision. You should be glad they are asking about logos, coach service, etc. It's better to be a part of the solution than to constantly criticize the problem.

That's the purpose of surveys and focus group - to get everyone's opinion - and then make a decision. You should be glad they are asking about logos, coach service, etc. It's better to be a part of the solution than to constantly criticize the problem.
I would agree if it was a true survey instead of being formated for ez use on computer tallying! there is no place for comments or suggestions on these, a 1-10 scale or which of the four do you like doesnt really allow the respondents any feedback! Instead of hiring outside outfits to run these scams they should make the plentiful desk jockeys in Amtraks organization conduct real surveys and not just marketing schemes! :rolleyes:

there is no place for comments or suggestions on these, a 1-10 scale or which of the four do you like doesnt really allow the respondents any feedback!
I don't know what survey the poster was seeing, but the one I completed provided space for, and specifically solicited, comments on each logo in question. Other questions were indeed scaled.

I would agree if it was a true survey instead of being formated for ez use on computer tallying! there is no place for comments or suggestions on these, a 1-10 scale or which of the four do you like doesnt really allow the respondents any feedback! Instead of hiring outside outfits to run these scams they should make the plentiful desk jockeys in Amtraks organization conduct real surveys and not just marketing schemes! :rolleyes:
Unless you have a massive market research department, most companies use outside companies to conduct their market research/focus group, etc. I also don't know where you think the "plentiful desk jockeys" in Amtrak's organization are, but most departments are pretty lean. I believe the market research department consists of 4-5 people.

Unless you have a massive market research department, most companies use outside companies to conduct their market research/focus group, etc. I also don't know where you think the "plentiful desk jockeys" in Amtrak's organization are, but most departments are pretty lean. I believe the market research department consists of 4-5 people.
I know that the AGR department consists of one Senior Manager and either 2 or 3 assistants. Not much fluff there either.

I know that the AGR department consists of one Senior Manager and either 2 or 3 assistants. Not much fluff there either.
A little hyperbole to point out the unsatisfactory format of the survey, my apologies to the hard working office workers in the Amtrak marketing department, just wish theyd design a better survey form to allow real feedback, we got really short notice on the mystery rider slot, perhaps those members that know Amtrak big shots can drop a word about improving this so called survey??

...just wish they'd design a better survey form to allow real feedback, we got really short notice on the mystery rider slot, perhaps those members that know Amtrak big shots can drop a word about improving this so called survey??
For a subject this important... they ought to do a Survey about it!

...just wish they'd design a better survey form to allow real feedback, we got really short notice on the mystery rider slot, perhaps those members that know Amtrak big shots can drop a word about improving this so called survey??
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But they should first do a survey to see if they should do a survey about this! :lol: I wouldn't want them to waste time and money on a survey if the survey says there is no reason to issue a survey to survey people about how they feel about having a survey done! :D (I had to use Government-speak so that it would be understood! :p )

But they should first do a survey to see if they should do a survey about this! :lol: I wouldn't want them to waste time and money on a survey if the survey says there is no reason to issue a survey to survey people about how they feel about having a survey done! :D (I had to use Government-speak so that it would be understood! :p )
Does this kind of drivel really make any sense? WOT=waste of time!

Hey...goin' green seems to be something the yunger folks think is hip and if Amtrak is trying to be "hip" I'm all for it. I go to Pro Rail meetings in Nebraska and I'm the youngest guy (46) by about 30 years! :lol: I think the 4th logo is coolest going from top to bottom and left to right. There is a myriad of things that Amtrak needs to devote its time to, but if you can get people to ride the train because its better for the enviorment, by all means come up with a logo. Please just don't spend $40 Million and 5 years to come up with a logo! :)

I got the survery email and decided to take the time to fill it out. I clicked through to the welcome page which had a password filled in. When I clicked in to begin the survey, I got a screen that said I don't qualify for the survey. Now when I try to click in, it says that my survey is completed.

This is not certainly not what Amtrak needs from a marketing reserach firm they have hired. Anyone else with the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back