? about Boston

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Judy

I'm thinking about taking a crusie out of Boston this summer. Which Amtrak station should I arrive at? I don't know anything about Boston so I wasn't sure which station would have the easiest access to the cruise terminal. Thanks!

I'm thinking about taking a crusie out of Boston this summer. Which Amtrak station should I arrive at? I don't know anything about Boston so I wasn't sure which station would have the easiest access to the cruise terminal. Thanks!
SOUTH STATION IS ABOUT 1 MILE AWAY FROM BLACK FALCON CRUISE TERMINAL. I'M NOT SURE ABOUT TRANSPORTATION BUT THINK THERE IS A BUS LINE THAT RUNS TO TNE CRUISE TERMINAL.

You won't have a choice as far as North Station and South Station go, since all Amtrak trains serve only South station except the Downeaster, which serves only North Station. Back Bay station is located west of South Station, making it even less convenient.

To get from South station to the cruise terminal, catch the Silver line SL2 trolley bus at South Station. It will drop you off within 1-2 blocks of the terminal. Beware that there are 2 Silver line routes, SL1 and SL2

I'm thinking about taking a cruise out of Boston this summer. Which Amtrak station should I arrive at? I don't know anything about Boston so I wasn't sure which station would have the easiest access to the cruise terminal. Thanks!
You won't have a choice as far as North Station and South Station go, since all Amtrak trains serve only South station except the Downeaster, which serves only North Station. Back Bay station is located west of South Station, making it even less convenient.

To get from South station to the cruise terminal, catch the Silver line SL2 trolley bus at South Station. It will drop you off within 1-2 blocks of the terminal. Beware that there are 2 Silver line routes, SL1 and SL2
Best check with your cruise line, too, as all cruise ships may not use the terminal. We are going to be on a cruise in September with Boston as a stop. We have been told we will take a tender from the ship, anchored in the bay, into a wharf somewhere in the downtown area. Maybe that is only done for ships passing through and not originating or departing Boston.

Thanks so much for the help. I knew I could count on this board and it's members for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back