Therapy Animals

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rare sleeping condition that makes life difficult, instead of taking the easy way out I am going to school to gain employment. The more stress (including physical activity) can make me essessively tired and even drunk like. I have no idea sometimes that I may trip on things, fall or even realize that I need a rest. My kitten has helped me tremendously since I got him, notififying me of break times and making sure I have a clear route to walk anouncing if I stop that he has the way. I would like to getting him better trained, but obviously people mostly see dogs as the trainable type. I have had less bruises, fractured bones and other such problems since the kitten and see his potiential... people have tiny dogs smaller than a cat as a service animal!I would love for him to travel with me so I don't have the fear of waking up in some foriegn hospital because I had an accident. I can't drive a car because of my condition or I would just bring him that way, why should the quality of my life be less because some person thinks a cat can not provide the assistance a dog of similar size or smaller. I can't give what little energy away to take a dog for walks or scoop it up, my kitten will let me know dialy to do my chores he needs (my apt has recently BANNED dogs because people don't pick up after their dogs). I want to train my cat further but due to people's attitudes like yours I am having no luck (thanks *sarcastically) P.S. some cats are just as trainable as dogs (if not more so :p )
You're right. My cat used to play fetch, and my friend's cat will give you a high-five on command. He had another cat that used to fall over and play dead (paws in air) if you pointed a finger at him and said, "Bang!" It was cute. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back