Sleeper room etiquette

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do the headphone go in this device so as to not disturb other sleeping car passengers?

kyqRQOs.jpg

There's nothing on there that will disturb other passengers, so there isn't.
My iPod won't disturb others at a reasonable level either. So, headphones are not required for any device. Just common sense.

There's nothing on there that will disturb other passengers, so there isn't.
My iPod won't disturb others at a reasonable level either. So, headphones are not required for any device. Just common sense.
You want to bet? Use headphones. Please. Sound carries more than you'd realize. A "reasonable level" for you is likely "too loud" to me. I have the hearing of a bat. Even with my door shut, I can hear other people talking at low volumes.

Additionally, this is one of the rules of the train. They usually make a few announcements to use headphones with audio devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
The following is said with a wink in my eye....if you don't know what that means.... don't respond ;)

It is traditional for me leaving Penn station to watch a movie about a gang from Coney Island riding the trains. I like to share the music, after all.. who doesn't like No where to run, no where to hide ;)

Bruce-SSR

How EVER did everyone survive back in the 70's and 80's when there were 5 channels of music provided by Amtrak in your bedroom with no headphone jack?

Wait a minute. So I can't bring my Marantz with me and play AC/DC at top volume? This is outrageous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back