Questions for first time AMTRAK travelers for long-distance trip.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messrs. Blue and Ryan, of course I'm aware that many others are more willing to rough it to get somewhere than am I. It's just simple: any travel at age 76 I do is discretionary, and if there is no dough to go as I want, then it's simply no go.
That's well and good - go if you want, stay home if you want. But you don't need to make negative comments about accommodations, be they on a train, plane or bus that imply no one should use those accommodations or that no one can possibly like those accommodations.

Yes Ms. Blue, now that I am viewing the site at my desktop computer and can review your profile more readily, I do note you have chosen to share your gender. From a phone, it was difficult to make out that avatar you choose to use and unless a user chooses to select "full site" mode on a phone, gender and location of a Member are not reported.

Within your immediate posting you imply that my thought a Roomette is a single person accommodation unless one is prepared to sacrifice creature comforts (I used the term "bivouac") is negative simply contradicts your "well and good" thought. Neither of us know face to face Mr/s Savannah as I do Mr. Bowen and his Father. Both are Navy veterans and can accept living within tight quarters. Mr/s Savannah may or may not accept the tight quarters represented by a double occupancy Roomette, but our discussion here will hopefully enable them to make the choice.

Finally, I'm certain all of us here are governed by a very finite intangible - $$$$$. Those who choose to compromise travel conditions away from that found at home will be able to travel further than one such as myself who values my creature comforts over distance traveled. With that point having been said, how say we call a truce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back