Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yessir - Richmond Staples Mill Road for the win.

The next post is yours!
Why were the information boards removed?

They use video monitors in Richmond now.

Aside from being more modern (albeit less interesting), the fact is that Richmond now has more arrivals and departures than could be displayed on the original information boards which appear in my picture.

Last time I was in Richmond they had several interesting Amtrak travel posters displayed in that space now. Not a total loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yessir - Richmond Staples Mill Road for the win.

The next post is yours!
Why were the information boards removed?

They use video monitors in Richmond now.

Aside from being more modern (albeit less interesting), the fact is that Richmond now has more arrivals and departures than could be displayed on the original information boards which appear in my picture.

Last time I was in Richmond they had several interesting Amtrak travel posters displayed in that space now. Not a total loss.
Oh, I thought the original board could be changed depanding on the time of day, sorta like a mini-Solari board. My bad.

Name this former amtrak station

formerstation_zpsbcc30147.jpg

And I should have known better, having lived near that former Burlington station from 1971 until 1973....the bridge leads toward its former connection with the UP station across the tracks....

The first time I crossed that bridge, was on a trip I took back in 1968....I rode the MILW/UP City of Denver west from Chicago, crossed the bridge, and rode the CB&Q Denver Zephyr back to Chicago. Dome all the way, of course, except when stealing away for meals in the diner..... ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe someday Amtrak will leave it's little Amstation in Omaha and return to a grander structure.

I'll pitch this one with a hint -

Active station serving one train a day each way. Since taken in the early 1980's this station has been renovated and moved about 40 feet back from the tracks...... the parking lot is now between the station and the platform.

Can anyone name it? It is not Hamlet, NC.

63220_10200414294616175_1317933094_n.jpg

Some one who can, please post next photo. (One of these days, I'll have to learn how, for now I only know how to cut and paste links to other sites, etc.....).

Am I crazy for recognizing the tile layout and color?

Here an inside picture of non-existent telephones and eerie black goo seeping from the walls...

IMG01-20130221-00221_zps633541b7.jpg

Back