Hanging Out in Chicago Metrpolitan Lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greatcats

Engineer
Here we sit for Train 4, still in the yard. The last time we heard was a 4:30 boarding. Everything else is late. 21 left over an hour late, 7 is a stub train to Minnespolis, #5 still in the yard after 4pm working on the PA system. When 3 leaves remains to be seen. Progress reports on the trip and associated luxurious amenities, or lack thereof, shall be forthcoming. Chicago was good to us.

Status report from around Naperville: Just talking to our nice sleeper attendant. She says that she has ended up back on the extra board, because of 20 jobs cut off the Coast Starlight, an SA and the third sleeper. They were not expecting both jobs to be cut off each crew. It looks like we will be having some interesting chats.

Very interesting Eric!looks like all the LD trains out of CHi left late/ the Eagles are running into bad cold and ice south of STl and I'm sure the eastern trains are getting hammered too!

Wonder if the position cuts on the CS are seasonal or more "cost cutting" by the 60 Mass beancounters?

Look forward to ur reports as the Chief rolls across the corn fields, prairie and gets back into gods country in NM!bet y'all will be glad to get back to Flagstaff even if Arizona and the SW finally got rain and snow they needed!at least its not freezing cold like most of the country including here in Central Texas!

Hi Jim - Having dinner. The mahi mahi fish tonight was quite good. Blah salad. We heard great GREAT. Music in Chicago, but it was very cold, but we were prepared with longhorns and fur hats. We are late, which is not that big a deal, and rolling right along. Actually had a good time chatting it up with retired Amtrak employees. A policeman and chef, who was showing us pictures of the time he was on the Bill Clinton train and a picture of him with Rosa Parks. ( the chef )

Fairly good night sleeping on #3. Around Colorado border east of Lamar over 2 hours late. Breakfast was tasty. Sarah Z - because of your info have been using Google maps in the phone.

Fairly good night sleeping on #3. Around Colorado border east of Lamar over 2 hours late. Breakfast was tasty. Sarah Z - because of your info have been using Google maps in the phone.
:)

I've found it works quite well, depending on cell service availability.

Our cars toilets malfunctioned this morning. I am at this moment standing on La Jynta platform next to the Roto Rooter truck. Praise be to God. Amen!

That sounds awful. I hope it's much better than I'm imagining.

Most of us have had this happen on Western Trains but its usually due to the altitude not a problem if you're still on the Eastern Colorado prairies! Good that there is room in the transform for y'all, if it was summer this could be a dilemina! Keep us posted,are you there yet? LOL

Track machines were at work ascending Raton Pass. What could this mean? Just keeping it patched up, I guess. Asked a conductor at La Junta where he will go if the reroute takes place. Amarillo was the answer. I complimented the chef on last night's fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I was sitting beside you in the Metro Lounge yesterday, we are on the CZ ,just pasted through the Moffiet Tunnel about

4 hours late, just passedCZ train 6 must be on time!

Have a good trip

Trainfan

Hi there. We are about 40 minutes east of Lamy. Pretty good trip. SCA Mary Beth is a doll.
Damn those Amtrak Trains are Slow! <_< Not even to ABQ yet! Glad the Food and Service are Good, ho'w's the Snow look in NM? I've read they need Moisture like the Rest of the SW and the West Coast! Enjoying the Posts, dont buy too much "Indian" stufff in ABQ!! :giggle:

CZ out of Glenwood Springs 6.55 pm 4 1/2 hours down hope to pick up some time over night. we are in SL 2 sleeper

Kentucky .

Trainfan

My kitties : Hedley and Boris
I love those names!

I've always wanted to get a big, grey kitty and name him Boris. I actually found one a couple of years ago, but someone adopted him before I could get to the pound, so we got Sherlock (tiger tabby) and Winter (black fluffball) instead. :) (And that's perfectly fine with me, since that means at least three kitties got adopted that day.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya'll are on the Homeward leg now Eric! Try the Steak if you havent had one yet! Midnight into Flagstaff isnt too bad, at Least youll be Home! May be Snow there since Phoenix and Vegas had lots of Rain last Weekend???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back