Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just checked the Cafe Acela Menu. Dunkin Donuts coffee is indeed 3.50 a cup. Whenever a product becomes brand specific, the price goes up. I would walk a mile before I paid 3.50 for a cup of Dunkin Coffee. I am not cheap but would buy coffee anywhere but on Amtrak for that price. It is not worth the size cup that Amtrak serves. Not impressed. I don't buy Starbucks for their price either. Never had a Dunkin Donut either.

So I just checked the Cafe Acela Menu. Dunkin Donuts coffee is indeed 3.50 a cup. Whenever a product becomes brand specific, the price goes up. I would walk a mile before I paid 3.50 for a cup of Dunkin Coffee. I am not cheap but would buy coffee anywhere but on Amtrak for that price. It is not worth the size cup that Amtrak serves. Not impressed. I don't buy Starbucks for their price either. Never had a Dunkin Donut either.
Yes, but you are receiving 14 oz instead of the previous 12 oz in the regular cups!!!! :)

It's honestly been ages since I visited a Chick-fil-a firsthand. Originally it was because their sandwiches were tiny and a poor value for a fast food restaurant. After their founder made some discriminatory comments I was curious to see what the business itself had to say. Originally they said that anyone and everyone was welcome in their stores, which I believe to be true, however it was also investigated and reported that the business had been quietly funding discriminatory groups and activists for many years and that kind of sealed the door for me. That's not a problem when you're selling food in a place like Texas. In fact Chick-fil-a's sales skyrocketed in response to their founder's comments and funding revelations down here. However, such divisive positions and initiatives would seem to be a poor match for a pro-inclusion and anti-discrimination business like Amtrak.
OK we're talking about Chick-fil-a's OWNER'S opposition to LGBT equality, specifically marriage equality, prior to the Supreme Court decision in 2015. And his longstanding habit of supporting politicians and advocacy groups who likewise are anti-equality.

It's his right to do so. It's the right of people who don't like what he's doing--and he's very proud of that fact--to not support his business with their dollars.

But he should go all in, I think. If he has that much disdain for gay people, he should refuse to knowingly take their dollars. Of course he won't go that far!

To keep this on-topic, I ate there once before all this came to light. Didn't find the sandwich or their coffee to be worth a premium price. Kind of mediocre. Glad Amtrak didn't make Chick-fil-a one of its vendors.

As far as Coffee goes, unless it has Bailey's or good Brandy in it, its all overpriced crap to me! YMMV

Donuts are sugar and lard fried up for the unhealthy! YMMV

I've yet to find a decent chicken sandwich in any chain! Chicken should be eaten the way it was intended, with your hands and either grilled or fried by Master Cooks!

Chick-Fil-a is no worse than Amazon or Hobby Lobby when it comes to offering support to right wing and kooky religious causes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but you are receiving 14 oz instead of the previous 12 oz in the regular cups!!!! :)
Which by the way absolutely killed me on 162 as I figured. And it was quieter than usual too! 17 pots of regular I think?
Sent from my SM-G955U using Amtrak Forum mobile app

It's honestly been ages since I visited a Chick-fil-a firsthand. Originally it was because their sandwiches were tiny and a poor value for a fast food restaurant. After their founder made some discriminatory comments I was curious to see what the business itself had to say. Originally they said that anyone and everyone was welcome in their stores, which I believe to be true, however it was also investigated and reported that the business had been quietly funding discriminatory groups and activists for many years and that kind of sealed the door for me. That's not a problem when you're selling food in a place like Texas. In fact Chick-fil-a's sales skyrocketed in response to their founder's comments and funding revelations down here. However, such divisive positions and initiatives would seem to be a poor match for a pro-inclusion and anti-discrimination business like Amtrak.
OK we're talking about Chick-fil-a's OWNER'S opposition to LGBT equality, specifically marriage equality, prior to the Supreme Court decision in 2015. And his longstanding habit of supporting politicians and advocacy groups who likewise are anti-equality.

It's his right to do so. It's the right of people who don't like what he's doing--and he's very proud of that fact--to not support his business with their dollars.

But he should go all in, I think. If he has that much disdain for gay people, he should refuse to knowingly take their dollars. Of course he won't go that far!

To keep this on-topic, I ate there once before all this came to light. Didn't find the sandwich or their coffee to be worth a premium price. Kind of mediocre. Glad Amtrak didn't make Chick-fil-a one of its vendors.
I think it was a little more complicated than anything that can explained in a couple of sentences. Dan Cathy did make several public statements, but since those statements has been avoiding saying much in recent years. The donations in question to certain religious organizations with an anti-LGBT bent were made by the WinShape Foundation, which wasn't necessarily part of CFA, but was prominently featured at their franchise locations. I remember sitting in one location look at a history of the foundation posted on a wall. They also backed off of those donations. They're really paying attention to where they place their money because it's being closely watched.

Of course the biggest issue they would have for any arrangement is that they would probably insist that they not be served in Sunday. They close their airport locations on Sunday and even have a location in an NFL stadium, whose primary use is on Sundays.

Still - I hadn't tried one in a while and did while I was on the road. My hotel had a freebie where each room got two beverages, so I washed down one of their chicken sandwiches with a beer.

I usually don't disagree with Mr dD but pretty much all major donut vendors have gone to vegetable shortening.....We go back and forth about paying more for a cup of coffee, we rarely admit that it (caffeine) is strongly addictive, and will end up buying it anyway. Most coffee drinkers are at least partial addicts and will suffer withdrawal symptoms if they don't keep their caffeine level up. Addicts are easy to take advantage of, look at smokers, they pay lots of money to hasten their own demise.

Back