Chat

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can't find it AIM says could not find AUCHAT. maybe i should open a room on paltalk called amtrak chat its free to sign up. www.paltalk.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, now we see why aol went under. I couldn't find the rooms on their website. The only way I could join the chat was through my IM client. also, I couldn't find "me" or Long Train Running on the site either... time for AOL to completely go away and be a part of internet history

ok well if you wanted i could create a new room on paltalk. its a IM but its BETTER then aol or MSN. its safe too. the rooms have admins and mods who can bounce and ban members. its a not a regular chat room.

Still can't find it on AIM.

I am willing to try paltalk if someone wants to try to build a room. If so, please post some real instructions for how to find it.

Other than that, I am calling it a night and maybe try again next week.

well jackie this is usaully a pretty smooth thing as we just use IRC built into the site but the site has had some issues and its amazing that the Admins got it back up so fast so maybe next week it will be up and we can continue to have chats as usual with out all the drama

No worries.

I have been on the Internet since the days of IRC without pixs, emotes or anything...so I know how it goes! :)

Have a good week everyone.

Still can't find it on AIM.I am willing to try paltalk if someone wants to try to build a room. If so, please post some real instructions for how to find it.

Other than that, I am calling it a night and maybe try again next week.
Yeah, I can't find the room or me or Long Train either..

Do me a favor, search for profwebs, in the users search box, I'm joined to a room, so I should show up there, but probably won't.

If everyone here had the AIM client or another instant messanger client installed, we wouldn't be having this problem. The problem lies in trying to join from the AIM website.

Ok i have made a room on Paltalk called AmtrakChat type it just like that. its under miscellance other. log into paltalk click on all rooms click the catogoray miscellance then click other and click on AmtrakChat or just copy and past the name in seirch,

Last edited by a moderator:
forget it waste of my time. whooze is the only one who showed up. ROOM IS CLOSED you people wanted the chat so i made one that worked but then you don't show up.

forget it waste of my time. whooze is the only one who showed up. ROOM IS CLOSED you people wanted the chat so i made one that worked but then you don't show up.
Well seeing as how there were only about 4 or 5 people posting here who were even trying to have a chat, coupled with the fact that the initial attempt at using AOL failed, coupled with the fact that you didn't try to make the room until after 8 and chat officially ends at 9:00 PM EST, I'm not exactly surprised that many people didn't show up. The normal average for regular chat is only around 6 to 7 people in the first place.

I do applaud your efforts though to make a chat room. :) I think that you just did it too late and many people had already given up for the evening.

Hope regular chat is back soon. Outside attempts proved sort of a fiasco, but we tried. I ended up IMing (AOL) at length with Long Train Runnin', who somehow was able to tear himself away from his GloFish for a few minutes. :D

Hope regular chat is back soon. Outside attempts proved sort of a fiasco, but we tried. I ended up IMing (AOL) at length with Long Train Runnin', who somehow was able to tear himself away from his GloFish for a few minutes. :D
Aloha

I tried but became very frustrated with dealing with AOL, and needing to install software, So I will just wait for Anthony to fix what he needs to fix. Very glad you enjoyed your time.

Back