Chat

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

I was thinking of coming to this chat tonight..is it a private thing? Can newbies come if they behave and bring snacks? :)

If so, if someone can send me the way to find the room, it would be appreciated.

I think I just go to AIM chat and look for the room in the list...but not sure since I hardly ever use it.

Thanks!

(International Paper was in the Daily News building down the street~ don't even know if they are even in the city anymore.)
International Paper Company, 3 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10016.

Jay, your presence was missed at the L.A. Gathering, so I'm issuing this public threat: If you don't attend the next one I will make it my personal mission to venture to Baton Rouge and beat you with my customized baton rouge (red stick). You have been warned.
WOW!!! Does that mean we can have the AU Forum in NOL next year? I'm sure we'd have the biggest turn out yet just to see you deliver...

(International Paper was in the Daily News building down the street~ don't even know if they are even in the city anymore.)
International Paper Company, 3 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10016.

Jay, your presence was missed at the L.A. Gathering, so I'm issuing this public threat: If you don't attend the next one I will make it my personal mission to venture to Baton Rouge and beat you with my customized baton rouge (red stick). You have been warned.
WOW!!! Does that mean we can have the AU Forum in NOL next year? I'm sure we'd have the biggest turn out yet just to see you deliver...
Looking further ahead, and since we've done midwest, west, and are gonna do east, I think Nawlins merits consideration for 2010.

Hello!I was thinking of coming to this chat tonight..is it a private thing? Can newbies come if they behave and bring snacks? :)

If so, if someone can send me the way to find the room, it would be appreciated.

I think I just go to AIM chat and look for the room in the list...but not sure since I hardly ever use it.

Thanks!
Chat is wide open, and we talk about all kinds of things. Not a private thing. I'm interested to see how the AIM alternative will work out.

i dont think Admin is going to object
Dude, even if they did, what could they do? HAHAHA!!
Well we could ban everyone who shows up from ever posting on here again. :p

However, since I won't be there I won't know who shows up and therefore who to ban. So I'd say your safe. :)

Sorry, but I don't use AOL products (As a computer/network consultant I won't even install AOL products for my clients), so I won't be there.

Ps. You asked Patrick. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen so much interest in the chat. :lol:

I can remember so many weeks when the chat would be empty...

I have never seen so much interest in the chat. :lol:
I can remember so many weeks when the chat would be empty...
Don't it always seem to go?

You don't know what you got 'til it's gone

--Joni Mitchell, "Big Yellow Taxi"

Oh, and the next lyric: You pave paradise, put up a parking lot

I recall Alan's AOL stance from when I was having trouble editing posts. He (and others) suspected my AOL installation might be the culprit.

Well I just hope the word gets out for those interested and enough of them are able or willing to use a client capabile of connecting them with AOL Instant Messenger and do in fact show up lol .

I feel like Patrick is going to show up for sure and possibly Jackie so we shall see in a few short hours

i dont think Admin is going to object
Dude, even if they did, what could they do? HAHAHA!!
Well we could ban everyone who shows up from ever posting on here again. :p

However, since I won't be there I won't know who shows up and therefore who to ban. So I'd say your safe. :)

Sorry, but I don't use AOL products (As a computer/network consultant I won't even install AOL products for my clients), so I won't be there.

Ps. You asked Patrick. :)
I use Pidgin for my needs. It's a "multi-IM' client software. I agree, I won't use AOL garbage, but some of my business contacts are on AIM so I had to have something. So, if you'd like to join the chat, try it. It's safe, open-source software ;)

On another note, has there been any discussion about adding a shoutbox to the homepage of the forums? Might be cool to have.

I stopped by for the first time and it also was off line for me

Well Hello to all anyway

Rides Often

:p :p :lol:

LOve Florida trains

I cant say there is a method to your madness it would help if u could tell me what your trying to use. I would say look under Buddies up on top of the window or file and find something using chat room. If your on a mac in ichat this is simple in the help thing type chatroom assuming your running 10.5

I cant really make a link it i dont thinnk

AOL is free now & easy to sign up - of course I was one of the dummies that used to pay $25/mo for the priviledge --- WTR :p
Free just makes it even worse, because more people are now inclined to try it.

If you have a computer that's working really, really well and you'd like to change that, install AOL. You have at least a 50% chance of f!**!ing up your computer.

Welp, I am not finding the room either under the User Created Chats, which I am assuming is where to look.

Under that I am looking for a room called AUCHAT.

When I search, I don't find a room listing.

I using the web-based version of AIM Chat, since I don't have AIM Messenger installed.

lol well i cant access that room from my computer but i did have an idea

If your ok with posting your SN i can invite you to join in the chat or u could send me ur SN in a private message and ill invite u

SN=screenname

Back