Amtrak ticketing to be integrated into iPhone Passbook?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know what a web app is.

In what way do you think that it's not as good?
I can think of several like it is not full screen, there is no tapping the bottom right corner to get to options (they are now taking up space on screen), you cannot tap on a location marker and go to a separate screen where it has all the places info and the ability to add to contacts etc. There is plenty more but kinda difficult to explain each and every little detail that is not as smooth and easy to use/find.

For a web app, it is excellent. But I don't think anyone (else) would say it is near as good as the native app was.

BOOOO to apple for this ridiculous downgrade. I only have the 4 so I will just keep piddling along with my current iOS.

I also hear the apple map product does not have public transit directions, nor can you see the transit lines at a particular station. That is a particularly egregious omission when one considers how many urban dwellers use iPhones and rely on the google maps to help them out with that information in the city.

On iPhone 3Gs and 4, turn-by-turn navigation and flyover are not available.
The iPhone 4 does have the turn-by-turn navigation; there's just no voice announcement of the turns (because doing so depends on Siri, which is not available on the iPhone 4).

Just got notice of an Amtrak app update. Thought for sure it was for Passbook. Nope. Still does not show up in there.
The update does allow passbook for the Amtrak app. However it won't show up in Passbook until you actually have a ticket code to display. Otherwise the app wont show in passbook.

What I want to know is when will auto Train tickets show in the Amtrak app?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably never.

There is no need for Amtrak to bother to overcome the issues involved with the AT, since the AT doesn't collect tickets or even eTickets onboard the train.

The new system currently in place seems to work quite well for them, so I don't expect that they'll bother to try and change things.

Just got notice of an Amtrak app update. Thought for sure it was for Passbook. Nope. Still does not show up in there.
The update does allow passbook for the Amtrak app. However it won't show up in Passbook until you actually have a ticket code to display. Otherwise the app wont show in passbook.

I have tickets and they are not showing. The app is also not listed in the App Store under Passbook.

I have tickets and they are not showing. The app is also not listed in the App Store under Passbook.
Did you log back into the Amtrak app and looked up your tickets again? I'm curious to see if it works. I only have AT tickets right now, so I cant check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back