Airline security to increase -- attempted terrorism Amsterdam-Detroit

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sense were increasing security why not force the other country's to increase there. after all this guy slipped through Amsterdam's airport security not ours.
Israel gets it: In the past Israel's Ministry of Transportation will not allow Israel-bound planes to take off from airports not meeting safety requirements

sense were increasing security why not force the other country's to increase there. after all this guy slipped through Amsterdam's airport security not ours.
Israel gets it: In the past Israel's Ministry of Transportation will not allow Israel-bound planes to take off from airports not meeting safety requirements
We have the same requirements.

Strictly speaking both Israel and US and several other countries deny entry into their airspace to aircrafts that have not followed the specified protocol required of flights seeking permission to enter said airspace. This of course includes getting APIS clearance in case of US. If somebody still decides to takeoff knowing that they will be denied entry into airspace there is nothing that can realistically be done to prevent such a takeoff. But needless to say said plane will not make it to its destination involving entering into the restricted airspace.

BTW, more security circus at Newark yesterday :) . See here. This has delayed the flight that I am taking back from Delhi later today by over 4 hours. It is interesting that the end of it all they are apparently not even certain what happened, who it was and whether they actually managed to get him/her to go through security check or not. :unsure: :ph34r:
Here are some comments from people who were there, excerpted from airliners.net, just for your entertainment :) :

I just got out of EWR. The brilliant security folks had arriving passengers blocked from leaving the airport for two hours. They kept unloading arriving planes into the mess until they had complete gridlock and then apparently couldn't figure out what to do. All because someone wasn't watching an exit.If I ever get out of Newark on time I'm calling the Vatican to report a miracle.
I'm at EWR terminal C waiting for a flight to Sao Paulo which is now scheduled to leave at 120am (3 1/2 hrs late). Been waiting in a crowded terminal for 4 hours and the th place is a zoo.Don't know if it's true but I heard that they never found the guy that supposedly breached security and in fact concluded that the entire incident never happened.

TSA = Keystone Kops.
You can see further reaction from people that were there in this airliners.net thread.
an update on that. they arrested the guy that caused that mess http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-natio...ort.Evacuation/

Last edited by a moderator:
He should be happy he made it this long without getting caught!
He should also be happy that he did not get caught doing this in his native China. :)

As for my flight from Delhi that day, fortunately the weather gods cooperated and the usual thick fog did not descend upon Delhi airport soon after midnight that a few days earlier had made operations even using CAT IIIB all but impossible diverting dozens of flights. So CO 82 from Newark finally managed to land at 2:30am (instead of 9:20pm) and CO 83 managed to depart at around 5:30am instead of the scheduled 11:45pm. As luck would have it I was complementary upgraded to Business-First, so I was a happy camper. It was odd eating a huge dinner at 6:30am though.

During the delay Continental treated us, both Economy and Business-First passengers to a full dinner and those with internet access had pretty much upto the minute status info from continental.com in detail, from flight status. Needless to say I was glued to my iPhone viewing continental.com/pda. The Edge network provided by Vodaphone IN at the airport was reliabe but a bit slow

All's well that ends well I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back