agr tightens up on allowed routings for redemptions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first time I've used the phone app, so I hope this posts in the correct place.

I didn't take any of your posts as being critical of me so certainly no apology is needed. I guess the point I was trying to make is that if the routing is the only choice available, it shouldn't matter if it reenters a zone.

I am also trying to figure out why you would get a stern talking to if the trip you booked was a published route. I hope I did not come across as being critical of you because that was not my intention. I'd feel the same way you do if I had received that phone call.

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to allow members to book sleeping car rewards online. Cut out the clueless customer service agent, book from a list of published routes, and be on your merry way.
Uh -- smiley - smiley --Uh - that would require a system-wide policy embedded in the (ancient, but serviceable) software, for the benefit of the few AGR members. No way on earth -- the airlines specifically deny responsibility for the value of (miles - points)--

WW - are you impaired, or what?

Yeah, the no-cost "miles, or points" sometimes have value. Or not.

If you want the frequent (fliers, railers) points to be enhanced -- sorry -- might happen.

But beggars can't be --
I don't see what's so crazy about adding that functionality. Is a sleeper really that different from a seat, booking system-wise? I understand why you'd have to call for a complex itinerary, but a published route should be bookable online.

Impaired? I'm not sure what I've done to deserve an insult.
Impaired? Probably. If you think that "frequent flier" or "AGR" points constitute an obligation on the part of the airline or Amtrak --

Think again. Read the "Terms" .

No way is any airline, or Amtrak, going to go out of its way to provide any extra services to points-holders other than what they've promised. And they never even promised that.

Maybe, for high-rollers.

Yeah - Amtrak doesn't provide the booking capabilites you or I might want.. but they never promised that.

So, that's why I said "impaired" --because anyone who thinks that a "reward program" should add services -- has no clue.

That's why I said "impaired"

Not sure which part of my post says that I think it is an obligation. All I've done is make a suggestion for improvement. I'm not sure why you're being an ass towards me.

Online booking seems like a good improvement all around. It makes customers happier, and would reduce labor costs.

Unless you stop being an ass towards me in future posts, I suggest that you stop replying to mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still not sure what I did to earn that person's disrespect. I've not done anything to provoke his rudeness, nor do I deserve it. I'm all for civil discourse online. If you wouldn't say something to someone is person, you shouldn't say it to them online. That being said, I will call out those who, for no other reason than apparently wanting to be a *insert descriptive word here*, are unnecessarily rude, or post hurtful things.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, let's talk about trains!

This is an internet forum. We have discussions. Discussions are not always civil because we have emotions. If you state opinions you will sometimes hit nerves. It's just life. Chill.

Back