AGR Enrollment Referral Requests

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm reading this right, a "referral code" earns the referrer (not the new member) some points. The original post mentioned an "enrollment code." Is this something different? Does it provide any benefit to the new member or is it just a way for Amtrak to track the effectiveness of advertising (i.e., they use a different "enrollment code" on each ad).

Thanks.

If I'm reading this right, a "referral code" earns the referrer (not the new member) some points. The original post mentioned an "enrollment code." Is this something different? Does it provide any benefit to the new member or is it just a way for Amtrak to track the effectiveness of advertising (i.e., they use a different "enrollment code" on each ad).

Thanks.
Both get 500 points:

"500 bonus points will be deposited into your account for each referral** that travels within 90 days of their online enrollment (your referrals will also receive a 500 point enrollment bonus)"

The new AGR member still gets 500 AGR points, as (s)he would without the referral, but the referrer also earns 500 bonus AGR points. However, not to long ago (IIRC about a year ago), the new member if referred received 1,500 AGR points!
cool.gif
That is part of the reason this thread began!
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The original post mentioned an "enrollment code." Is this something different? Does it provide any benefit to the new member or is it just a way for Amtrak to track the effectiveness of advertising (i.e., they use a different "enrollment code" on each ad). Thanks.
There is no benefit whatsoever from receiving or using a referral code or enrollment code for the new account creator. The one and only person who benefits from this thread is the referrer, who receives 500 points. The people who keep this thread going, specifically the new account sign-ups, are probably not aware of this. So they keep asking for codes and emails that won't help them in the slightest.

The original post mentioned an "enrollment code." Is this something different? Does it provide any benefit to the new member or is it just a way for Amtrak to track the effectiveness of advertising (i.e., they use a different "enrollment code" on each ad). Thanks.
There is no benefit whatsoever from receiving or using a referral code or enrollment code for the new account creator. The one and only person who benefits from this thread is the referrer, who receives 500 points. The people who keep this thread going, specifically the new account sign-ups, are probably not aware of this. So they keep asking for codes and emails that won't help them in the slightest.
False.

From the referral page (and 2 posts up):

500 bonus points will be deposited into your account for each referral** that travels within 90 days of their online enrollment (your referrals will also receive a 500 point enrollment bonus)
https://amtrakguestrewards.com/memberpromotions/raf

As I stated a few posts up, there was a time not very long ago where if you signed up not being referred, you only received a 500 AGR point sign-up bonus. However, if you were referred, you received a 1,500 AGR point sign-up bonus (1,000 more then usual)!

Although that promotion has ended, it may reappear again. So what's the big problem?
huh.gif
The new member still gets the 500 AGR point sign-up bonus either way, and a fellow AU member also gets 500 AGR points!
rolleyes.gif

So who is being hurt?
huh.gif
And if the promotion is started again, the referred person may earn a higher sign-up bonus then (s)he otherwise would!
cool.gif
(I don't know about you, but I call that helping someone else out!
smile.gif
)

False.

500 bonus points will be deposited into your account for each referral** that travels within 90 days of their online enrollment (your referrals will also receive a 500 point enrollment bonus)
All new sign-ups receive 500 points for opening a new account and traveling within ninety days. At this point there is no longer any additional benefit for receiving or using a referral. You still get the same 500 points as everyone else who travels within 90 days of sign up. After speaking with AGR about it became clear that this result is both intentional and within the technical wording of their offer.

So who is being hurt?
This thread is based on what is generally termed a "lie of omission." If people still want to give away points to a stranger at no benefit to themselves, that's certainly fine with me, but the least we can do is be up front about it.
We are all members of the AU "family". I don't see what you mean by the statement "If people still want to give away points to a stranger at no benefit to themselves"?
huh.gif
They still receive the 500 AGR points they would have received anyway!
blink.gif
And that person is not giving you 500 points of their own, AGR is giving you 500 points!
rolleyes.gif

If a car company offers you $1,000 when you buy a car, and pays a commission to the salesman, are you going to turn down the $1,000 because "a stranger" is receiving a benefit ?
huh.gif
(I've never saw a sign at the car dealership saying the salesman earns $x,xxx for selling you a car - have you?
huh.gif
) And if you read thru the thread, I think there are many instances where we are "up front about it"!
rolleyes.gif
(Including just a few posts above this one!)

No one is forcing you to get these "extra points", so why are you complaining?
huh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
If a car company offers you $1,000 when you buy a car, and pays a commission to the salesman, are you going to turn down the $1,000 because "a stranger" is receiving a benefit? I've never saw a sign at the car dealership saying the salesman earns $x,xxx for selling you a car - have you? And if you read thru the thread, I think there are many instances where we are "up front about it"! No one is forcing you to get these "extra points", so why are you complaining?
All I'm doing is clearing the air and setting the record straight in response to (another) Dave's question and Ryan's follow up post.

False.

All new sign-ups receive 500 points for opening a new account and traveling within ninety days. At this point there is no longer any additional benefit for receiving or using a referral. You still get the same 500 points as everyone else who travels within 90 days of sign up. After speaking with AGR about it became clear that this result is both intentional and within the technical wording of their offer.
I looked and could find no mention of that on the AGR site, but I guess that it's no surprise that AGR uses the vague wording to do whatever the heck they want. The above quoted statement sure sounds like the people we refer getting 500 points is a result of the referral.

I looked and could find no mention of that on the AGR site, but I guess that it's no surprise that AGR uses the vague wording to do whatever the heck they want. The above quoted statement sure sounds like the people we refer getting 500 points is a result of the referral.
I signed out of AGR, and then went to the site as if I were a new member just starting out.

What do I see, first thing in bold letters on the home page:

Join Amtrak Guest Rewards® and start your trip with 500 bonus points.
Yep, typical "vague wording" by AGR.

Can I please get an enrollment code sent to chrispratt84 (at) gmail dot com thank you

Mod edit: Edited e-mail

Last edited:
Can I please get an enrollment code sent to chrispratt84 (at) gmail dot com thank you

Mod edit: Edited e-mail
My email to you yesterday:

3:56 PM (21 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to chrispratt84

cleardot.gif
Hi, I tried to send you a referral, but it says that email is already in use. This happens when you have registered at amtrak.com, even if you have NOT signed up for guest rewards program yet.

Same thing [happened to me] when I signed up yesterday, I had to provide my referrer with a different email address.

Send me a different address and I'll send you a referral.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I see you found the same thing when someone else tried to send a referral. I'd be both happy and grateful to send you a referral, as I will benefit, too. But you need to use a different email address. Go to gmail or hotmail, whatever, and get a new address and send it to me. I can also give you an additional promo code that will give you more than just the 500 point referral bonus!!!

I, too, am looking for a code:

amtrakrequest at mailinator dot com

Thanks in advance!

-Parker

Last edited:
also looking for referral enrollment yupitsme_nicra(at)hotmail.com this is real just my trash email.. thanks a bunch Network

Back