A Chihuahua Dog in CZ Bedroom 0n 8/16-8/17-What the heck!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a dog lover, but my dog is not allowed at our dinner table or

is not fed human foods. I know the 7 hour rule and service dog rule

are not enforced, but I have not been inconvenienced by dogs on

the train.

How does Amtrak enforce the 20-pound rule for dogs/cats?

Seems like discrimination against big-boned dogs/cats.... heck.. I've had cats who weighed 22 pounds. :D

How much did the dog tip in the diner?
He tipped at a 45° angle.
Well played.

513510d226522.png

There actually are Chihuahua service dogs. It's a bit weird -- they're medical alert dogs, mostly for people with seizure disorders. It is *possible* although unlikely that this was one of those.

I believe Amtrak and the ADA prohibit the SCA or LSA from insisting that the passenger dine in his/her room.

Amtrak is allowed to ask if the animal is a service animal and what service the animal performs, and I believe other passengers should have the legal right to know that, but I'm not sure that they do. This has never been explained to me. I think the OP should have asked those questions. Then maybe there wouldn't be the need for 10 pages. Maybe we'd get by with 8 or 9.

Actually, my Husky, Samson, enjoys Mexican food now and then, and considers a Chihuahua a nice snack. Next time I bring him into the diner, I'll have to ask if they have that on the menu. :p

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
There actually are Chihuahua service dogs. It's a bit weird -- they're medical alert dogs, mostly for people with seizure disorders. It is *possible* although unlikely that this was one of those.
And just what does the dog do if the owner DOES have a seizure? Whip out an epi pen?

There is a lengthy Wikipedia posting that explains the jobs that different types of seizure dogs can perform. I'm not going to paste it or link it, but I was a little surprised myself to learn more about the good things they can do. Good info from a few other sources including the Epilepsy Foundation.

Thanks. I would not have thought to look for seizure response dog, although I might have stumbled onto it some other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back