Zephyr "Issues" Timeline

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderson

Engineer
Is there any idea when the Missouri River is likely to go down and the Zephyr will start running normally again?

Is there any idea when the Missouri River is likely to go down
Aloha

Please don't take this wrong, but, I don't think man has much control on what a river, aka mother nature, does. Remember the

It's not nice to fool Mother Nature
can't do the explosion(hope you are old enough to remember the commercial. :lol:

True, true...but at the same time, a lot of these floods tend to spend a lot of time "going through the system", as big "blobs" of water don't disappear overnight. So I didn't know if there was any indication which way the water was likely to be going.

Basically, I'm trying to decide between "rare" (for now) mileage on the SWC and hoping for the Missouri River to go down on the CZ.

Missouri River will take a long time going down, and indeed will continue to rise for the next week or so. The CZ may get back in action before then, however. Right now the tracks are shut down as crews scramble to raise the railbed and build levees. If that work succeeds I wouldn't be surprised if the CZ resumes service in the next week.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back