Zephyr Fares

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

What days are cheaper?I checked for later this month and it's only $60 from CHI to LNK. But I also need to get to LNK in June (27th or 28th) and it's $75. Are the prices higher in June? Is there a cutoff day or something when the fares are increased? Or is it just specific days of the week?

Oh and is there a chance they would have Rail Sale at this time? Usually those are only $35.

It might be difficult to get a rail sale discount that time of the year, especially on the Zephyr. It is a popular trip in the summer and might not be discounted. In my experience, I have found that Tuesdays are good days for fares. However, that is just my opinion and there are many posters here that might be more knowledgable.

Prices are based upon demand. As the train fills up, the price goes up. Late June is also the start of the peak summer season, so prices start higher and only go up from there.

As for rail sale, there's always a slight chance for June, but I wouldn't bet on it. In the meantime however, every day you wait to lock in the fare you could see an increase to that $75 you got.

Back