zepher connections

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

busboy

Service Attendant
I'm taking the Zepher on 29 March connecting thru Chicago to the Capitol Limited. I have about 4 hours in Chicago which I thought would be plenty of time to connect when I made my reservation long ago. But now I hear of service disruptions with the zepher due to weather. What are the chances I will miss my connection and how would Amtrak handle that. I have sleepers booked on both trains.

The day after I arrive in Washington, I need to be in New York for work. If I miss my connection in Chicago, would Amtrak let me change to the lakeshore the next day and go to New York instead of Washington for the same price? Would they give me a sleeper car?

Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing and everything will work out.

I have connected from the CZ to the CL many times, and never had a problem. You said

The day after I arrive in Washington, I need to be in New York for work.
Is there a specific reason you are going to WAS?
huh.gif
The LSL departs from CHI directly to NYP a few hours after the CL does. If possible, why not book directly to NYP on the LSL?
huh.gif

If you miss the Capitol, but arrive early enough so as to be able to connect to the Lake Shore, they'll just put you on the Lake Shore that night. Especially if there is still a room available. And the odds are better that you would be able to connect with the LSL than the Capitol.

If you're so late as to miss both, then they'd put you up in a hotel for the night and send you out on the next day's LSL, sleeper or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back