Youtube Groups?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to start a Amtrak Unlimited group on YouTube, but wasn't sure if we have 1 there yet. I know we have a facebook group and Flikr.
I don't think we do, but a number of us have YouTube accounts and subscribe to each other's videos.

Was going to start a Amtrak Unlimited group on YouTube, but wasn't sure if we have 1 there yet. I know we have a facebook group and Flikr.
I don't think we do, but a number of us have YouTube accounts and subscribe to each other's videos.
I made 1 if anyone is interested: AU youtube group. All you have to do is join and add any videos from your account to the group.

I've probobly burned many of them to DVD.

It is endless entertainment for my son to pull 30-40 clips off Youtube, and burn to DVD for 4 hours of trains, and more trains.

Obviously, I watch all of them first. Don't want my son to get any surprises!

I've probobly burned many of them to DVD.
It is endless entertainment for my son to pull 30-40 clips off Youtube, and burn to DVD for 4 hours of trains, and more trains.

Obviously, I watch all of them first. Don't want my son to get any surprises!
What program do you use to grab YouTube clips?

Last edited by a moderator:
With Firefox, there is a great plugin called "Downloadhelper".

Technically, any video or mp3 that you STREAM off the internet is saved in your temporary files folder. Like Youtube. This plugin just puts it in a place that you choose. There are similar free programs for IE.

The one problem is the video format is "FLV", which your DVD burner may not like. I had to first convert to AVI, then used NERO to convert to MPEG2, and author the DVD for my sons player.

So, whomever is making those great Youtube train vids, keep it up.

With Firefox, there is a great plugin called "Downloadhelper".

Technically, any video or mp3 that you STREAM off the internet is saved in your temporary files folder. Like Youtube. This plugin just puts it in a place that you choose. There are similar free programs for IE.

The one problem is the video format is "FLV", which your DVD burner may not like. I had to first convert to AVI, then used NERO to convert to MPEG2, and author the DVD for my sons player.

So, whomever is making those great Youtube train vids, keep it up.
Thanks!

I just found this one for IE use:

http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

Personally I use Keepvid as I find it quite easy to use. At least with Youtube it allows one to download things in either FLV format or MP4. On other media sites it often only has FLV format.

Another neat product is Media Converter. It will not only download the video from Youtube, but it will automatically convert it to a dozen different formats for you. Note the free version I believe limits you to a certain number of conversions per day.

And a free, easy to use converter for FLV files to either AVI or MPG is Pazera.

By the way, sorry for the delay in posting this, but I only had the links on my home computer. They weren't on my laptop which was with me in Boston this past weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back