Your favorite amtrak trip?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_BillVas

I am sitting here getting home sick for any bedroom on Amtrak, and was wondering what all of you would choose for your favorite overnight trip on Amtrak????

BillVas

Guest_BillVas said:
I am sitting here getting home sick for any bedroom on Amtrak, and was wondering what all of you would choose for your favorite overnight trip on Amtrak????BillVas
Well as an employee not too much of anything being it is nice to get away from the train. But I truthfully would love to take the "Empire Builder" at least one way across the top of the states. I saw the lower Candian half last year, but now would like to do that on my "own turf" so to speak. And I can do it a little cheaper as an employee for the main reason. OBS...

I'd say when I took the Empire Builder to Glacier Natl Park Last summer. Great service, scenery, and a Beautiful destination made this trip truly amazing!!

The CZ is great once you get past Denver. Then there's some "lulls" in the scenery and then it gets good again in Northern CA. I can't wait to do the Empire Builder. My goal is next April to drive from LNK (Lincoln NE) to Fargo (about 6 1/2 hours) and board in Fargo then go to Seattle and back.

I would like to take all long distance routes in its entirety at least one way to the destination and then take a plane back. The only LD trip I've ever taken was on the Silver Meteor to Charleston from NYC. It was an overnight trip, so I slept for most of the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back