You might be addicted to trains if.........

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MStrain

Service Attendant
So my wife and I attended the wedding of a close friend in Germantown, TN this past weekend. Wedding was right there in the small historic downtown, which has the restored Germantown station near the church. Well, I was more than pleased when I found out the reception was in cafe adjacent to the depot. My wife, who has gotten used to my frequent train fever by now, just muttered under her breath...."Oh great.....right near the train tracks"....she then gave me the camera and said have fun, just don't get my foot caught on the track :blink:

Well, anytime I heard the train coming I would calmly excuse myself to the front door, where I would break into a run to the depot siding to see the train passing......what a great night!!!!!!!!! 5 different trains! I even got a NS engineer to give me a "Shave and a haircut...." The bride and groom really liked that. :)

The best part of the evening was when several pals asked me what I got out of loving trains so much. I told them to come with me to the platform. We stood on the platform as the 9:05PM freight came roaring through. I told them to just stand their ground and enjoy the rush. Well, they were grinning from ear to ear when the last car passed......they then told me they were hooked. Something that is so large and powerful and yet can glide by with grace......that is what a train is to me. I told them if they liked it from the outside, they should make sure and ride on a passenger train soon. They are already planning it....... :p

I love trains.....I am glad I found this site and I am thankful for all of you fellow riders. Keep riding!

MStrain

So my wife and I attended the wedding of a close friend in Germantown, TN this past weekend. Wedding was right there in the small historic downtown, which has the restored Germantown station near the church. Well, I was more than pleased when I found out the reception was in cafe adjacent to the depot. My wife, who has gotten used to my frequent train fever by now, just muttered under her breath...."Oh great.....right near the train tracks"....she then gave me the camera and said have fun, just don't get my foot caught on the track :blink:
Well, anytime I heard the train coming I would calmly excuse myself to the front door, where I would break into a run to the depot siding to see the train passing......what a great night!!!!!!!!! 5 different trains! I even got a NS engineer to give me a "Shave and a haircut...." The bride and groom really liked that. :)

The best part of the evening was when several pals asked me what I got out of loving trains so much. I told them to come with me to the platform. We stood on the platform as the 9:05PM freight came roaring through. I told them to just stand their ground and enjoy the rush. Well, they were grinning from ear to ear when the last car passed......they then told me they were hooked. Something that is so large and powerful and yet can glide by with grace......that is what a train is to me. I told them if they liked it from the outside, they should make sure and ride on a passenger train soon. They are already planning it....... :p

I love trains.....I am glad I found this site and I am thankful for all of you fellow riders. Keep riding!

MStrain
Thanks for the update - do we get to see some of the pictures?

I will post some soon I hope. The camera is at the house.......I did get one very nice one at sunset from the tracks (don't tell!)....the rails look like they are on fire into the distance. Would make a nice lobby photo or coffeetable book cover.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back