You don't like it take the bus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

battalion51

Engineer
I've got the new timetable in hand and here are the times the bus will call for its connection to 91 and 92

Connection to 92

92 AR LAKELAND 438P

DP LAKELAND 500P

DP DADE CITY 550P

DP WILDWOOD 705P

DP OCALA 750P

DP GAINESVILLE 850P

DP WALDO 925P

AR JACKSONVILLE 1050P

92 DP JACKSONVILLE 1120P

Connection to 91

91 AR JACKSONVILLE 450A

DP JACKSONVILLE 505A

DP WALDO 630A

DP GAINESVILLE 705A

DP OCALA 805A

DP WILDWOOD 900A

DP DADE CITY 1000A

AR LAKELAND 1055A

91 DP LAKELAND 1108A

The times look pretty good to me. It's just to bad we can't have a train calling those times.

battalion51 said:
The times look pretty good to me. It's just to bad we can't have a train calling those times.
Oh yeah great point, entirely! Maybe someday we will have a train over there again. I always have liked that route. I am not gonna get my hopes up too high, though. I plan on making a little "on the day off/no working" trip over there before the train stops running. I am sure the other trains will be rerouted over there once in a while when circumstances warrant.

We will still probably still see an ocassional move over there.

But, Amtrak may shift some service back over there anyway. Rumor has it CSX is trying to sell or abandon part of the Sanford Sub (between Auburndale and Taft). If the line is abandoned Amtrak may end up back over there anyway. CSX is also trying to sell the entire Auburndale Sub (from Auburndale to Dyer). Word is RailAmerica might pick it up, but there's no official word on that. Another possibility is that the State could buy the lines and run its own service between Orlando and Miami, as well as Amtrak service already in place.

Back