WTH (Winter Haven, FL) Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John

Hi all-

Does anyone have experience boarding at the Winter Haven, FL station. I am leaving from there on the NB Meteor (#98 - 12:10 PM). Amtrak agent reccomended arriving 1 hour prior to check bag and pick up tickets. I'm wondering if 30 minutes would be enough as this is Amtrak's minimum checked baggage guideline and it seems that WTH will not be a large station.

Thank You!

I wouldn't cut things that close. If there is a line and you get there with just 30 minutes, you could well be told that you've missed the cutoff by the time you get to the window to check the bags. I'd suggest at least 45 minutes to play safe. Just my humble opinion. Never boarded at that station, so I can't say how busy it is nor just how much the agents might stick to the rules.

If Art is still down there in Winter Haven, you should be fine with 30 minutes. It's a pretty sleepy little station, not too much activity going on down there on a normal basis. Things can always get abnormal, but I don't think I ever saw more than 20 folks board at WTH in a non-bustitution situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back