Wish me well!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Haithcoat

Engineer
Honored Member
Wednesday night (July 20) shortly after work I will leave town (Atlanta) on The Crescent, arrive Washington Thursday morning.

Viewliner roomette in each direction. (my first time to ride a standard bedroom since they renamed them using that word from the past).

Just spend the day in DC. ---no hotel involved.

Thursday night I will board the Crescent again and return to ATL Friday morning.

A relatively uncomplicated trip, but probably the best I will be able to do this year, for several reasons.

So, I intend to enjoy it to the hilt and savour every minute. I am ready for that french toast and sauage!!

gswager said:
Be careful to take pictures of trains due to security.
I actually was ok. The only place where Amtrak had a problem was ATL after we arrived. The new conductor that was outbound from ATL FREAKED out on me when I was walking with my camera and scanner up to the head end to grab shots. So I stopped, walked back 10 feet, asked if I could take a picture NOW. She said "Well..whatever you can get a picture of from there is fine". I think after I did this she realized I actually did want to take a photo because she stopped yelling at the top of her lungs. It really made me mad, but I am understanding due to the recent attacks. Oh well...

While it is too early to tell if tonight's train will be OT(though it left NOL on time) the Crescent has not done so well lately.

For example, today's train into DC(which left ATL last night )is about 3 hrs late. However, if my train winds up being similarly late, at least I do not have any serious plans in DC.

Furthermore it would be good to see some more of that northward scenery in daylight. The Crescent is usually fairly good with OT, that I almost never get to see long stetches of it in the daylight. Will try to thnk about that way.

Back