Wilmington, DE update

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new escalators at WIL are almost ready for use. Took this video today.
Long overdue. Was this just for the center track and platform? I believe SEPTA uses one of the outside platforms. Do any trains use the other?

Long ago I would race up the stairs to see the Congressional or the Florida Special. The center track was used only for loading mail and express as well as the night train down to Cape Charles. Of course then it was a low level platform like the other two

Long overdue. Was this just for the center track and platform? I believe SEPTA uses one of the outside platforms. Do any trains use the other?

Long ago I would race up the stairs to see the Congressional or the Florida Special. The center track was used only for loading mail and express as well as the night train down to Cape Charles. Of course then it was a low level platform like the other two
Yes, this is the center platform. They replaced the stairs and old escalator. The SEPTA side also has an escalator

Back