Very late SWC tonight - late equipment from 29 (4/30 from CHI)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greatcats

Engineer
My usual travel companion is making a solo concert going trip from Flagstaff to LA tomorrow night. We stopped by the station tonight to pick up his tickets. Tonight's train is over 5 hours late. Our agent Carol said it was late out of Chicago because of very late equipment on 29 from DC. Some years ago I know they ran the equipment between these two trains with the idea of calling it a transcontinental train, which did not happen. When did they start this equipment arrangement again? I thought 4 turned for 3.

This due the train 7/27 had a derailment and being over a day late

I wondered what happened. My friend and I left on the Wolverine at 6:00, and they still hadn't called the SWC (which normally departs at 3:00).

I was in the met lounge too. I was waiting with somebody departing on 30. I thought about taking a spontaneous ride on the late departing 3 to get thAt daylight ride between needles and lax. Had the points but no changes if clothes and no cell charger.

I was in the met lounge too. I was waiting with somebody departing on 30. I thought about taking a spontaneous ride on the late departing 3 to get thAt daylight ride between needles and lax. Had the points but no changes if clothes and no cell charger.
We were in the cattle pen, as we had regular Coach tickets, not BC. While we were sitting there, I wondered if there were any AU'ers around. :)

I also missed (name removed) MetraUPWest by just a few minutes. He had a layover between Metra trains, but we got there too late.

Edited to change response from someone's name to their screen name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back