Travel Channel TV Show

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
One of our forum members has alerted me to an upcoming TV show on the Travel Channel on 3/3. Details are below.

Hey, Everyone!

The Travel Channel has just announced a title and air date for an hour-long special about Privately-owned Railroad Passenger Cars, which I’ve been producing with Cheri Sundae Productions over the last few months. And because of your association with the show, I wanted you to be among the first to know.

The show will premier Sunday, March 3rd, on The Travel Channel and will be called TRICKED OUT TRAINS. I’m quite proud of the show, and hope it appeals to all sorts of railroad fans — old-timers and first-timers, alike.

That said, my one regret is that I wasn’t able to include every car and every interview. There simply was not enough time in this one episode. Hopefully it will be such a hit, the network will decide to produce more! But for now, here’s a list of the cars and interviews that are prominently featured. (Others may make cameo appearances, but these particular segments and interviews make up the bulk of the hour):

CARS, in alphabetical order:

The Cedar Rapids
The Georgia 300
The Patron Tequila Express
The Overland Trail
The V&T McKeen Car #22
The Virginia City

INTERVIEWS, in alphabetical order:

Frank Ackermam
John Paul DeJoria
Christopher De Witt
Nancy Gneier
Bill Hatrick
Jack Heard
Wade Pellizzer
Steve Sandberg

SO… WHEN DOES IT AIR?

The time when the show airs in your area depends on:
1. Your time zone
2. Which of the following Travel Channel “feeds” are available on your cable system

“TRAV” or “TRAVEL,” is a feed designed for viewers in the Eastern Time Zone.
“TRAVHD” or “TRAVEL-HD” provides the same shows in High-Definition.
On these feeds, you’ll see TRICKED OUT TRAINS at:
8 PM, in the Eastern time zone
7 PM, in the Central time zone
6 PM, in the Mountain time zone
5 PM, in the Pacific time zone

“TRAVP” or “TRAVEL-PACIFIC” is a feed tailored to people in the Pacific Time Zone.
On this feed, TRICKED OUT TRAINS appears three hours later than on the other feeds:

11 PM, in the Eastern time zone
10 PM, in the Central time zone
9 PM, in the Mountain time zone
8 PM, in the Pacific time zone

LONG STORY, SHORT? (If that’s still possible...)

To make sure you catch the March 3rd premier of TRICKED OUT TRAINS, please consult your local listings or cable guide for the time(s) it airs on your cable system.

Thanks again for your help and support. We literally couldn’t have done it without you.
Sincerely,

Bill Barlow
Cheri Sundae Productions

PS Please pass this information along to anyone you feel would enjoy the show!

Sounds interesting.....will have to be sure to watch. If it's anything like similar programs Travel Channel has aired on extreme motorhome vehicles, should be great!

I see in my listings that it repeats at 3:00 A.M. Eastern/midnight Pacific (technically Monday morning), in case you have a conflict with another show in its premiere slot.

Have the first show scheduled on my Tivo -- being shown twice: once in prime time and a repeat in the wee hours next day.

Back