Trains 58/59 19/20 returing to NOL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. B) And thanks for the update, Matt.

Any word on the Sunset at least runing as far as NOL. I can't imagine that it's going to ORL for a while, but at least getting to NOL would be a step in the right direction.

AlanB said:
Cool. B) And thanks for the update, Matt.
Any word on the Sunset at least runing as far as NOL. I can't imagine that it's going to ORL for a while, but at least getting to NOL would be a step in the right direction.
I haven't heard anything but i will find out tomarrow since i have been floating around between Hammond LA and Merdian MS to see how the trains have been handled and im in Meridian MS right now i will keep you all informed of any changes or updates. :)

Our church has sent two mission teams to MS so far. One is still there. The other one just returned, and spoke of houses literally sitting on the railroad tracks in places, and stuff like that, and they were at places like Bay St. Louis, and along I-10, so I suspect at least some of those were the tracks the Sunset uses (well, the tracks they used to use and may sometime in the future use.....) Some of the stories our people were recounting this morning were pretty horrendous as to the destruction they saw. Whole areas where pilings and concrete slabs were the only thing left to indicate that houses had been there. Or areas where it looked like a huge bulldozer had just turned whole neighborhoods into piles of broken building materials. They also had some stories of FEMA and Red Cross NON-assistance and bureaucratic indifference and ignorance that really got the rest of us thoroughly steamed. The churches were the ones that were and are collectively providing relief and assistance, systematically, and with volunteers from all over the country, in the small and medium-sized towns and communities throughout in that area.

Back