Taxi's available?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_Gingee

We are due into NYC after l2:30 a.m. I was wondering if there are taxis driving around the train stations for us to pick up that late at night?

Thanks

This is NY, the City that never sleeps. I'm sure that there will be taxis available at Penn, no matter what the hour. On the other hand, the Cardinal if it's on time, is due in at 11:30 PM, not 12:30 AM.

But no, I shouldn't think that it should be too hard to get a taxi. There are two major taxi stands, one on 8th Avenue and one on 7th Avenue.

I came in on the train from Boston, arriving around 2 a.m. in a snowstorm, and got a cab on 8th avenue. I flagged him down just as he was passing by. The streets were pretty deserted, but I suspect had I missed that one, anothr would have came along.

Thanks. You were right, it is suppose to come in around 11:30 p.m. I guess I have it in my mind that we will be late.

So it isn't hard to know where to go to catch a taxi, huh?

I wouldn't think so in that area of town.

Odds are that you'd have better luck on 7th Ave than 8th, but either way it shouldn't be too bad around Penn no matter what the hour.

No cab in NYC around Penn Station??? :blink: :ph34r:

I have never heard of such a thing here in this great city "that never sleeps!" :lol:

Actually, NYC just passed a new law barring taxis from the island of Manhatten. They are also looking to sell the Brooklyn Bridge, I can help you purchase it for a small fee of course. ;)

Guest said:
Actually, NYC just passed a new law barring taxis from the island of Manhatten.  They are also looking to sell the Brooklyn Bridge, I can help you purchase it for a small fee of course.   ;)
Aloha

As an ex resident of NYC, before leaving, I actually sold my rights to "the bridge" (undefined), for moving money, to the west coast and college. This was in the 60's. Never needed them back. :lol: :D :p

I graduated from Midwood HS June 1962.

I thought so. Didn't want to sound naive or dumb but then again, you never know.

Guest said:
Actually, NYC just passed a new law barring taxis from the island of Manhatten. They are also looking to sell the Brooklyn Bridge, I can help you purchase it for a small fee of course. ;)
Well . . . I sold a part of that bridge to my dumb **** coworkers at my old school. Each of those hags thinks the "own a piece of it now" :D

Let there be fifteen feet of snow, the streets not quite all plowed off, be two o'clock in the morning because the train was eight hours late, and the hotel being two and a half city blocks away, and knowing you only have about four hours before it is time to report to Sunny Side Yards the next morning! Then there is NO CAB!!! LOL......

Happened to me about three years ago. And our old hotel was over on 36th Street well past Broadway! But I found out there were a couple of taxis parked on the old post office side of Penn Station. They were just trapped and couldn't leave because the plow hadn't been through! Boy those cars were burried!! That was the first time I ever walked through a "tunnel" or between "walls of snow!!!" OBS....

Back