SWC 4 LAS - KNG - LAP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, since you have 4 weeks back east why no train ride on the way??I know youve probablyridden them all, must be a time restraint issue eh?(Ive flown many times coast to coast, as you know the

train is the only way to go when you have time!
Yeah, it is time. I have to be in PDX by a certain day in July, but I can take my time returning in late August! It will be my first flight since early 2003! The good thing (besides being able to train :p ) is that I found a one way fare for the flight from PVD to PDX for $112 on Continental! :) (It was even 1/2 of the one-way fare on Southwest! And better yet, I can transfer those miles - combined with my other miles - to AGR to use on my next trip! :p )
Sounds like the Airlines are either hurting for cross country travelers and/or getting some competitionfrom savy travelers who love trains!What a great deal, I used to take "specials" like this when I lived in the

NE(DC) just to see new places and to get out of town in the summer and winter!LOL!Bon Voyage!!

:lol:

my mistake, youre flying west which makes more sense, not much to see in the East!LOL!
I'd wave when I go thru Austin - if I could stay awake! :lol:
No problema,Austin is fast becoming PC, they have a "noise" ordinance("Live Music Capitol of the World"LOL!)and so many yankees and "outsiders have moved here its fast becoming like a LA suburb, not much happening

here except "growth", but seriously have a great trip and thanks for sharing your knowledge and

great trips with us dreamers!!!

Sounds like the Airlines are either hurting for cross country travelers and/or getting some competitionfrom savy travelers who love trains!
Thanks! Surprisingly, I found this $112 fare for this 1 day (and it happens to be a Saturday too :D ), but every other day around it (like Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday) and every other week, the lowest fare was like $240 one way! :eek: And all the other airlines were that (higher) fare too!

I'm glad I found that fare! (In fact, I grabbed the last 2 seats at that fare! :p ) But it cuts down on my train travel by 3-5K! :(

I did not see the burrito stand, I wasn't really looking for it to hard since we had lunch reservations. I asked Chuck about it and he said it was a myth.
Yes, there was a burrito trailer stand when I was there last March.
It seems Greg is the one perpetuating the myth! :lol:

Been there three times and never seen it!
Next time when I'm at ABQ, I'll take a picture of it as a solid evidence! :p
Betcha I could "produce" a photo of that stand as well! :lol:
This will either put the question to rest (or increase the doubts :lol: ) but here's a picture I took of the elusive burrito stand in September of 2006. Don't know if it's there now but it was then!

http://jeffsjourneys.multiply.com/photos/a...is_trip_2006#63

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not see the burrito stand, I wasn't really looking for it to hard since we had lunch reservations. I asked Chuck about it and he said it was a myth.
Yes, there was a burrito trailer stand when I was there last March.
It seems Greg is the one perpetuating the myth! :lol:

Been there three times and never seen it!
Next time when I'm at ABQ, I'll take a picture of it as a solid evidence! :p
Betcha I could "produce" a photo of that stand as well! :lol:
This will either put the question to rest (or increase the doubts :lol: ) but here's a picture I took of the elusive burrito stand in September of 2006. Don't know if it's there now but it was then!

http://jeffsjourneys.multiply.com/photos/a...is_trip_2006#63
Don't know about the Burrito but, after my last two Amtrak Trips, I'd be interested in the $5.00 Blankets, LOL!!!!! :cool:

RF

This will either put the question to rest (or increase the doubts :lol: ) but here's a picture I took of the elusive burrito stand in September of 2006. Don't know if it's there now but it was then!http://jeffsjourneys.multiply.com/photos/a...is_trip_2006#63
2006 was a long time ago. Also, I think I see evidence of photoshop. :lol:

Photoshop??? Moi???? I am greatly outraged and insulted that you would even consider the possibility that I would doctor a photo!!! :angry: :p :p ;) ;) :lol: :lol: I plead innocent of all charges; I don't even know how to use Photoshop. Photoshop, indeed!!! :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

Photoshop??? Moi???? I am greatly outraged and insulted that you would even consider the possibility that I would doctor a photo!!! :angry: :p :p ;) ;) :lol: :lol: I plead innocent of all charges; I don't even know how to use Photoshop. Photoshop, indeed!!! :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol:
I give lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back