St. Louis Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am planning a trip on 21, where we will check several boxes to St. Louis. I am wondering if we can pick up these boxes in the morning when a friend can meet us with a car. We will be packing the boxes, but they are actually for the friend who would be coming in the morning. What would happen if we simply got off of the train, went to the hotel, and then came back in the morning for the boxes?

I certainly do not want to violate policy or unduly inconvenience the staff. However, if this was possible, it might make things a little easier for us. Thanks.

Shouldnt be any problem, if, as the_traveler likes to say, you "forget" to pick up your stuff till the next morning! ;) IIRC Amtrak will hold baggage for up to 2 days w/o charge before they start charging a stowing fee!

Correct!

It will not be a problem Steve to "forget" to pick up your baggage. St. Louis will hold it for 2 days without charge, so it's not an issue and you most certainly are not violating any rules. It might be a slight inconvienece for the staff who will have to move the boxes into storage and take them out the next day, but then that is their job. And since it will be a redcap, you can always slip them a small tip too if you like.

As long as you pick them up during the hours that check baggage service is offered, it should be no problem at all!
wink.gif
(Checked baggage hours are 3:30 AM to midnight every day!)

Back